QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, February 4, 2012

POEMS BY WATCHMAN NEE-2

Watchman Nee-God's Servant 

(This poem was written when his fellow workers in Foochow family announced his expulsion from the work there without any reason)
What length, breadth, height and depth! What greatness is His love!
How else could I, a sinner vile, Be in such grace and bliss?
My Lord has paid the price To buy me for Himself.
So, willingly I’ll bear the cross To follow Him steadfast.
I’ve now abandoned all That I may thus gain Christ.
No thought or care of life or death, Nothing can hold me back.
Friends, pleasures, gain and fame . . . No longer useful be.
My Lord became so poor for me, His poverty I’d share.
I love my Savior dear; His praise is my desire.
For Him, let ease be turned to pain, Let gain be turned to loss.
My Comforter Thou art, Jesus my gracious Lord!
Who do I have in heaven but Thee? Who else my love on earth?
I care not for the pain, Hardship and loneliness.
Dear Lord, embrace my spirit, soul and body with Thy love.
I ask of Thee, my Lord, To guide me with Thy grace;
Stand by my side to give me strength To safely pass through life.

Satan, flesh, and the world Do tempt and press me sore;
Unless Thy might upholds me, Lord, I just might shame Thy name.
While time is fleeting by, Lift me above this world;
That at Thy return I can sing, “Hallelujah, Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment