QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, October 5, 2015

ASK THE LORD FOR THE BLESSING AND ASK THE BLESSING FOR THE LORD



“...the Lord remembered her.” – 1 Samuel 1:19

In 1 Samuel 1st chapter we read about the life of Hannah. Hannah was barren and so her rival provoked her severely. Though her husband loved her a lot, her life was miserable because she had no child. She longed for that blessing but yet nothing happened in her life. 

One day with all her sorrow and bitterness, she ran to God’s presence and prayed a beautiful prayer. 

“Then she made a vow and said, “O Lord of hosts, if You will indeed look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and not forget Your maidservant, but will give Your maidservant a male child, then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and no razor shall come upon his head.” - 1 Samuel 1:11

Bible records that God heard her prayers and He remembered her and blessed her with a child. She did two wonderful things which made God to remember her. 

1.      She asked the Lord for the blessing. 
So it came to pass in the process of time that Hannah conceived and bore a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, “Because I have asked for him from the Lord.” – 1 Samuel 1:20

In Genesis 30th Chapter we read about a woman named Rachel. Jacob was her husband and she was also barren. She went to Jacob and said, “Give me children or else I die.”

Though Hannah was barren she had never went to her husband believing that he can give her a children but she knew that she has a God who can give her a child. So she went to God’s presence and had poured all her expectations, sorrow to Him. She asked God for a child and so God remembered and blessed her.

2.      She asked the blessing for the Lord.
“...then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life..." - 1 Samuel 1:11



Hannah never had thought that she will ask the blessing and once she receive it she will say thanks to the Lord and move on her own way with the blessing that she received from the Lord.

But she made a vow saying that she will give that blessing to the Lord. She asked the blessing for the Lord so that God can use that blessing for His glory. 

And so God remembered her and blessed her with Samuel. God used Samuel as prophet to anoint David as a king over Israel. God used Samuel for His glory.

My dear young friends, are you in need of a blessing? Ask God and also make a vow to God that you will give that blessing into God’s hands so that He will use it according to His will. If you make a commitment today, God will richly bless you and through you many will get blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment