QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

RELATION AND RELATIONSHIPS - 2b (SPEND TIME WITH YOUR LOVED ONES)


"...And when they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples." - Mark 4:34

Long back I read a story which goes like this. The man came home from work late again, tired and irritated, to find his 5 year old son waiting for him at the door.

“Daddy, may I ask you a question? “Yeah, sure, what is it?” – replied the man.

“Daddy, how much money do you make an hour?” “That’s none of your business! What makes you ask such a thing?” – the man said angrily.

“I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?” – pleaded the little boy. “If you must know, I make $20 an hour.”

“Oh,” the little boy replied, head bowed. Looking up, he said, “Daddy, may I borrow $10 please?” 

The father was furious. “If the only reason you wanted to know how much money I make is just so you can borrow some to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed.” The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

The man sat down and started to get even madder about the little boy’s questioning. After an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think he may have been a little hard on his son. Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $10 and he really didn’t ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy’s room and opened the door.

“Are you asleep son?” – he asked “No daddy, I’m awake.” – replied the boy

“I’ve been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier.” – said the man. “It’s been a long day and I took my aggravation out on you. Here’s that $10 you asked for.”

The little boy sat straight up, beaming. “Oh, thank you daddy!” – he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow, he pulled out some more crumpled up bills. The man, seeing the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at the man.

“Why did you want more money if you already had some?” – the father grumbled.

“Because I didn’t have enough, but now I do.” – the little boy replied. “Daddy, I have $20 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you.” The father was crushed and he put his arms around his little son.

Many a times we let go off our time without being with those who were close to our heart. These days we spend much hours working for the welfare of our loved ones but we fail to be with them when they need us and long for us. Are they really happy with our money than us? No.

Recently as I was watching television I saw an interview of a film actor who was so popular. I heard that he was a humble person and so I started watching the interview. I know that he earned several millions of money being in the film industry. As the interview progresses the members of that particular television channel showed to him a short interview of his mom which was taken without his knowledge. At the end of the short interview they asked his mom to tell her desire. Then she said to him through the video, “You have given me so many things but all I wanted now is that you have to spend an entire day of yours being alone with me. I will cook all that you want but please spend one day with me.” 

Saying this she broke down and cried. There was a perfect silence in the interview hall where the actor was seated. He was asked to comment on the request of his mother to which he replied, “I don’t know what to say but my children were also asking the same.”

I could not believe his words at all. He earns millions of rupees and his wealth worth several crores. But yet his mom and his children were not at all happy for they long for his presence so that they can be with them. He provided them with everything but yet they long for him. The actor said that may be after some two years his schedule will not be that busy and at that time he could stay with his mom and children as they desire. What will happen if something happens to his mom or children or himself within those two years or so? 

My dear young friends, spend some time with those who were so close to you and make them happy with your presence. Do not spend your entire day to earn money. Spend some time for your family members because they don’t yearn much for your money but they long for you. 

Do not lose your loved ones as you stay busy with your work and with your own priority. Be with them, spend some time with them, take care of them and make them happy. God bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment