QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, March 12, 2015

JOY FILLED PARENTING - 0 (CHILDREN ARE GIVEN BY GOD TO US)



“Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord...” – Psalms 127:3

When I was so young, I used to hear many people telling that the marriage life is a burden. Those who got married are those who told like that. Few even gave advice to enjoy till 30 years of age and then to get married for they believed one cannot enjoy life after marriage. 

And few others are different. They never spoke about the marriage life but they felt that having a child immediately after marriage will destroy their joy. When I heard about these people words, I was confused. 

Later in my life, God taught me that marriage life is a wonderful responsibility that God gives in your hand trusting you. Holy Spirit told me that I have to take care of it like I take care of God’s ministry. And then He told that Children are joyous gift, God grants to us. 

Recently I saw a bio-data of a girl who seeks a guy for marriage. Her important preference was that the guy should hate children. I was shocked to read that. That girl was from a traditional background with good education and she is working in a MNC firm. Actually she loves to travel to different places so she feels that having a child will be a burden and it will destroy her dream. 

Nowadays many people around us hates children because of their job requirements and own desires. Though having a child after marriage is one’s personal choice, the fundamental truth to be understood is that the children are the heritage God gives to us.

You might have your own desires and dream but the desire to have a child is the greatest of all. God gives you a child trusting you that you will raise a Godly generation. Children are the blessed gift given by God to you. 

So in these section ‘Joy Filled Parenting’ I just want to share what God taught me personally about having a child and the ways He is leading me to raise the daughter He gave me recently. Continue to read and may God bless you richly.

No comments:

Post a Comment