QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

THERE IS A WAY BACK! - TAKEN FROM THE BOOK 'LIVING WATER' BY BROTHER YUN



Not only can an individual Christian lose their way and ruin their God-given inheritance, but churches and even whole nations can, and do, fall. On several occasions God punished Israel because of their sin and disobedience. Even in their deepest despair, under the correction of God, there was hope for Israel. And there is hope for you if you have lost your way. Jeremiah was despised by the people because he spoke messages that the people didn’t want to hear. When the Babylonians came and took God’s people away into slavery, however, his message must have started to ring true to the stubborn hearted nation.

Even in their darkest hour, God offered a glimmer of hope to His crushed people. The following verse is often quoted in part, but we need to understand the context it was used in. Jeremiah prophesied, “This is what the Lord says: ‘When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.’” (Jeremiah 29:10-12)

After being delivered from Egypt, the children of Israel were required to follow the pillar of cloud and the pillar of fire through the wilderness. When it moved, they were to move, and when it stopped, they were to stop. They were not to fall behind, and they were not to go ahead. While they remained with God’s presence, they received His protection, direction and provision. If a person foolishly wandered off into the desert by himself and got separated from God’s people, he would not last long. The desert was full of poisonous snakes and scorpions and totally devoid of water and food. The manna and quail that fell from heaven only fell on the camp where God’s people dwelled; it did not fall everywhere in the desert. The water that gushed from the rock at Kadesh satisfied the people who were camped there. If someone was straggling far behind in the desert, it would not be of any use to them.

Perhaps you have lost track of God’s plan for your life. Perhaps you have wandered off track and have spent years trying to relocate the pillar of fire and cloud. Your spiritual provision has dried up and your life has been constantly under attack from dangerous and destructive forces. If this is your experience, then I have good news! There is a way back.

The way back starts by thoroughly repenting and denouncing the sin and disobedience that caused you to wander away in the first place. Stop trying to manage your own life, and realize you will continue to fail until you truly submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Stop doing your will and start obeying God’s will. Acknowledge your total dependence on Him and He will show you the right pathway in the desert, one that will lead you back to the camp of God’s children. Jesus will embrace you again, for He has promised, “All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away,” (John 6:37)

No comments:

Post a Comment