QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Way to Zion - Written by Bro. Matthew Henry (1662-1714)

If there be any that are asking the way to Zion, with their faces thitherward, pray tell them the way. Tell them,

1.   There is but one gate into this way, and that is the straight gate of sound conversion.

2.   Tell them that the way is narrow, that there is not elbowroom for their lusts. Let them know the worst of it. And that those who would be good soldiers of Christ must endure hardness.

3.   Tell them, notwithstanding this, it is a way of pleasantness; it gives spiritual, though it prohibits sensual pleasures.

4.   Tell them there is life eternal at the end, and let them be assured that one hour of joy in heaven, will make them amends for an age of trouble upon earth.

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Psalm 126:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment