QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, November 13, 2014

O YOU OF LITTLE FAITH, YOU WILL NOT PERISH



...Why are you fearful, O you of little faith...” – Matthew 8:26

The disciples of Jesus were going along with Him in a boat. Jesus was asleep. Suddenly there was great tempest and the boat was covered with the waves. The disciples were afraid and so they ran to Jesus and woke Him up saying that they were perishing. Then Jesus said to them the above verse and He arose and rebuked the winds and sea and there was a great calm.

Why Jesus has to say that the disciples’ faith was so little? It’s true that there was great tempest and the entire boat was covered with the waves. There is no way of escape because the situation looks terrible. The disciples might have tried their best to control the boat with their own knowledge but nothing looks good. 

Every circumstance around them looks like that their life is going to end. They don’t know what to do. All in a sudden they realized that Jesus was asleep and so they decided to wake Him up. They ran to Him and shouted, “Lord, save us. We are perishing.”

The disciples of Jesus failed to understand that though Jesus Christ seems to be sleeping, He is still looking after them and He is all powerful to control their circumstances. That is the reason Jesus said to them that their faith was little. 

Recently I went to bring back my wife to our home from her parents’ house. Actually she had gone there during her pregnancy period and as God has blessed us with a daughter I thought of bringing her back to our place.  Our place was nearly 400Kms from her parents’ house and so I had decided to bring them back in car. 

The problem I faced was I had never driven such a long distance in car. But somehow I continued with that decision and reached her place on a particular evening. I had to start my return journey with her and child the very next day early morning. So I went to sleep early.

But suddenly a fear gripped my heart and I could not sleep. Thoughts came into my mind that I will not drive properly and we will meet with an accident for sure. Then I began to think that what if any one among our three dies? Series of similar thoughts came into my mind and I really feared that I will be killed in the accident. So I could not sleep at all. 

In the early morning I knelt down to pray with so much of fear and the very first thing God asked me through Holy Spirit was, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then Holy Spirit reminded all the good promises that God has given me regarding my life and my family life and said that no harm will touch me.

God’s peace filled my heart and I started driving with so much of happiness. The entire 400Kms journey was filled with God’s peace and protection. Finally we reached home safely through God’s grace.

My dear young friends, you might be seeing the circumstances of your life and you forget that the Lord is with you. So you are filled with fear and your faith was so little. Today Jesus Christ is assuring you that He is with you and the problems, troubles that you are facing now is a temporary one. 

You might be thinking that Jesus is asleep. But He is not asleep. He is watching over your life. He knows that the situations in your life were so hard that you feel like you are perishing. He will rise up in your life and He will calm down all that troubles you. God’s divine great peace will fill your life. You will not perish for God is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment