QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

GHG - 17 (JESUS CHRIST KNOWS THE THINGS YOU HAVE NEED OF BEFORE YOU ASK HIM)

“And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.” – Matthew 6:7

When we pray, we should be careful of what we speak. There were certain moments in my life I prayed meaningless prayer to which God never answered.

When I was a little boy I went to a magic show which was conducted by a great magician of that time. I was amazed to see the magic tricks he performed. At that moment I wanted to become a great magician and so when I returned home I prayed to God to give me the magic talent. I prayed for several minutesbegging God to give me the grace to perform magic tricks.

After my prayer I used to examine whether I got magic power by saying, “In Jesus Name let there be a plate in my hand.” Nothing worked out according to my expectations. I was disappointed at that age but when I think about that prayer now it seems to be so funny. Thank God He never answered that prayer and because of that I am blessed now.

There were times we do not get answers to our prayers but you have to know that God does things only for your good. He knows what you need and what will be blessing to you. So do not get disappointed when your prayer does not get answered. God has greatest plans for you.

As I grew young my mom put a restriction that none of our family members should watch worldly movies. She strictly followed that in our home and so we could not watch any movies at all. I remember that the last movie that I have seen in a theatre was Jurassic Park. My mom wanted us to grow well in God’s ways and so she doesn’t wanted our mind to get corrupted by seeing those movies.

Being young we could not obey our mother and so I used to go to my friend’s house to watch movies in the pretext of studying. As I did that regularly I lost peace in my heart. I know I am doing things against God but yet I could not stop watching movies. So before I go to my friend’s home I used to pray like, “Lord, if watching a movie is wrong in your sight and if it is not your will let there be no power (current) when I reach their home.”

God never answered that prayer of mine and not even once the power was off when I went there. All the time power will be there as I go to his home and everytime I told to myself that I am not doing anything wrong. But later I understood that Jesus Christ won’t answer those stupid prayers which I made because He has given me the free will to choose sin or holiness.

There were times we know that we are doing things against God and for our own peace we might ask God to come directly to stop us from doing that if it is not His will. Remember, Jesus Christ will never answer those prayers and that doesn’t mean that He is permitting us to do wrong things.

Later in my life when I came across some beautiful and spiritual girls, I went to God’s presence asking Him to make them as my wife. For some people I waited and fought for so long but Jesus Christ never answered my prayers. He was keeping silent and sometimes I wish to take His silent as ‘yes’. But I was afraid to move further without His will. Later when Jesus Christ gave me a wife I understood why He kept silent on previous prayers even though I fought with Him.

He knows who will be a good wife to me and so He blessed me with a superb wife exactly at His time. Now my marriage life is filled with so much of joy and peace.  

Jesus Christ says in Matthew 7:11, “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

My dear young friends, your Heavenly Father knows what is good for you and He will do only good things in your life. Surely He will answer your prayers which will bring good to you and glory to His name. So surrender your life according to God’s will and wait for His time. You will surely be blessed with a good job, good partner and good future. God bless you.

There were times Jesus Christ answered even my little desires. What are those desires and how God has fulfilled it?

-         To be continued in GHG - 18




No comments:

Post a Comment