QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, June 26, 2017

GHG SHORT DEVOTIONALS - 16 (GIVE PRIORITY TO GOD'S WILL IN YOUR LIFE)

And it happened when He was in a certain city, that behold, a man who was full of leprosy saw Jesus; and he fell on his face and implored Him, saying, "Lord, if you are willing, You can make me clean."- Luke 5:12

What a wonderful prayer this leper made! He is a leper. Bible says He was full of leprosy. He was thrown out from the society. No one wanted him. He was alone in a very desperate state. He never led a normal life. He needs a healing. He is desperately in need of healing. He believed that Jesus could heal him and so he came running to Jesus and fell on his face and begged Jesus. 

But the prayer was not a normal prayer. He should have prayed like Lord, heal me. He never prayed like that though he was in a desperate state. Even in that desperate state, that leper made a very beautiful prayer putting God’s will in front and his desire behind. He said Lord, if you are willing, make me clean. A submissive prayer completely surrendered to God’s will. A healing touch of Jesus would change his life completely. He knew that. But he gave importance to God’s will.

1.      How are we praying today? Are we putting our desperate needs before God’s will? Are we praying in a selfish way? Today God wants us to surrender to His will completely.

Jesus prayer was recorded in Luke 22:42 in which He had put God’s will in priority than His own wish. “…Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” 


2.      You might be in a tough situation. You might be carrying a burden that you can’t able to bear. You need a miracle desperately. So you might be praying for it. But today Holy Spirit wanted me to say to you that you should pray for the fulfilment of God’s will in your life and not for the fulfilment of your wish. Your prayer should change. Do not run behind worldly blessings. Run for the fulfilment of God’s will in your life. God will definitely give you what you need and also you will be a blessing to many. God wants you to know that you are called for a special purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment