QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, August 5, 2017

RUN FOR GOD AND LAY YOUR LIFE FOR GOD

“Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life." - John 12:24-25

Few days before I and my brother went to a village church to share God’s word. It was nearly 75 kms from my home. As the ministry got over we were returning back in our car in National Highway road.

I was driving at 100 kmph on that road. We travelled for nearly 30 minutes and as there was a block in the road, we stopped the car behind five vehicles which were already waiting there. After few minutes a two wheeler came fast near the side of the car and the person in that two wheeler knocked our window.

I was wondering why he is knocking. I opened the window and I could see he was tired. He spoke and said that he was trying to catch our vehicle but could not do that as I was driving fast. He said, there was no air in one of the back tyre and as you have to reach your home safely I tried hard to reach you to convey that your back tyre has a problem.

Once he said that he went without even expecting thanks from us. Then we found out that the tyre got punctured and we returned home safely after repairing the tyre.

We prayed to God thanking Him for leading us to safety by that temporary block and through that man who was riding so fast risking his own life to save ours.

But one question came to our mind as we returned back was, “he rode so fast and came to us in a rush trying to save us from danger. There were so many souls perishing without knowing about Jesus. They were in danger risking their life in sin and pleasures of this world. Are we running fast in order to save them so that their life will not be perished?”

My dear young friends, if God has asked you to do something, do it fast. If God has called you for a purpose, do not run behind worldly pleasures and destroy your life thereby destroying God’s purpose. Run for God and rush for God’s work. God is waiting for you so that He can use you for His glory.

Many souls will perish as you keep on delaying in doing what God has asked you to do. On that day that young man had a choice to leave us on our own way as we drove fast in a danger way without knowing anything about the problem with tyres. But he rushed and gave a caution to us so that we could able to rectify the problem immediately.

You have to do the same for God. As souls are perishing without knowledge about God, rush to them and say to them that the way in which they are going is not the right way and they have to turn back to God.  Remember that there will be more joy in Heaven over one sinner who repents. Even if you have to lose your life for God, lose it for Him so that you will save it eternally. Through you God wants to do mighty things. Surrender yourself to God’s will. God will use you mightily.



No comments:

Post a Comment