QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

ASKING IN THE NAME OF JESUS

There was a famous promise which most of us always use while praying. I heard many people asking God so many things using this promise:
     John 14:14 “If you ask anything in My name, I will do it”
What a wonderful promise it is! Jesus says that He will do all the things we ask in His name. But at times we are not getting things even though we ask those things in His name. Why? The reason is we fail to uphold the conditions that God has given us. Let us quickly see three conditions that we have to follow so that God will fulfill His promise.
1.   John 14:13 “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”
Jesus is ready to do whatever we ask in His name but the things we ask should glorify the Father God. Many times we ask for great Spiritual power having an intention in our heart that we will be appreciated if God’s power is revealed through us. If we think like that, surely God will never answer our prayer because He will never share His glory with anyone. He is God. So whatever blessings or desire that we ask should glorify the Father. Only then Jesus will grant our request.
2     John 15:7 “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire and it shall be done for you.”
Without abiding in Jesus, if we ask anything using His name, the request will not be granted. Living in sin thinking that it won’t affect the movement of God’s hand in our life is a foolish thought. Abiding in the love of Jesus is very important for us to receive what we ask in His name. Jesus says in John 15:8 “By this My Father is glorified...”
If Father God has to be glorified as stated in condition one, we have to abide in Jesus who is the true vine. We have to love Him truly and follow Him diligently.
3.     John 15:16 “You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.”
The final condition is we have to bear fruit and only then God will grant whatever we ask Him in the name of Jesus. Bible clearly says that every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. It’s important for every son and daughter of God to bear fruit that pleases God. Only when we bear fruit, our prayer that we make in the name of Jesus will be answered.

We can relate all the three conditions as like this: First we have to abide in Jesus. Abiding in Jesus will enable us to bear fruit (John 15:4). That is the second part. Finally when we bear fruit, Father will be glorified through us. Then as Father is glorified, He will grant us all blessings that we ask in the name of His son Jesus.
Abide in God. Bear fruit. Glorify the Father. Surely God will grant your heart’s desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment