QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, June 30, 2011

REVEALING JESUS


Most of us wish to reveal Jesus through our life. Even though we desire to reveal Jesus, we find it very difficult to do so. In Bible if we see the beginning chapters of Matthew, we read that through Mary, Jesus came into this world. Jesus was revealed to this world through Mary. I want to share with you two characteristics which are needed to reveal Jesus through our lives.

1.      Being filled with Holy Spirit (Last part of Matthew 1:20)
“.....for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.”
                                    If you have to reveal Jesus through your life the first thing you have to do is to be filled with Holy Spirit. If you have a purpose in your life to reveal Jesus, make sure that the purpose which was conceived in you is through Holy Spirit. Without the filling of Holy Spirit you can never reveal Jesus in your life.
2.      Knew not the world (Matthew 1:25)
“And knew her not till she had brought forth her first born son: and he called His name Jesus.”
           
            The second important thing is that you should not know the world.
Knowing the world in the sense you should not possess any worldly behaviour in your life. Jesus was revealed through Mary coz she does not know Joseph. Similarly Jesus will be revealed through you if you knew not the world. May God give His abundant grace in your life to reveal Jesus through your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment