QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

YOU WILL BE A BLESSING


Being a young girl, she always dreamt about a beautiful family life. Time passed, this young girl grew up to become a fine lady. Her parents decided to give her hand in marriage. Proposals came and finally she got married. Her dream and thoughts about marriage were no longer just castles in the air.  Yes, she would live and find out!!
But life didn’t take a very favorable path in her marriage. Her marriage failed. She got married once again. This time too destiny took a wrong turn. She got married again and again. After her five marriages she no longer had faith in marriage. She just didn’t believe in the concept of a husband or in marriage anymore.
One day, as she was on her way to the well to fill a jar of water. Jesus said to her, “Give me a drink of water.” The woman answered, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan- so how can you ask me for a drink?” 
Jesus answered, “If only you knew what God gives and who it is that is asking you for a drink, you would ask him, and he would give you life giving water.”
“Sir,” the woman said, “you haven’t got a bucket, and the well is deep. Where would you get that life giving water? It was our ancestor Jacob who gave us this well; he and his sons and his flocks all drank from it. You don’t claim to be greater than Jacob, do you?”
Jesus answered, “Whoever drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring which will provide him with life-giving water and give him eternal life.”
“Sir,” the woman said, “Give me that water! Then I will never be thirsty again, nor will I have to come here to draw water.”
“Go and call your husband,” Jesus told her, “and come back.”
“I haven’t got a husband,” she answered.  Jesus replied, “You are right when you say you haven’t got a husband. You have been married to five men, and the man you live with now is not really your husband. You have told me the truth.” (John 4)
Later in the chapter if we read, we can understand that Jesus revealed Himself to her and made her a blessing for an entire town.
Even though the lady was leading an immoral life, what made Jesus to reveal Himself to her and make her a blessing to many?
Later in the bible we see the woman saying, “I know that the Messiah will come and when he comes, he will tell us everything.” This little hope that she carried in her heart all through the years of her life saved her. Even though she leads a immoral life, she had a hope that one day Messiah will come. When He comes she hoped that He will teach her about everything and will save her. Jesus saw the hope in her heart and revealed Himself to her, had forgiven all her sins and saved her. Not only that, Jesus turned her as a blessing to many people of that particular town. 
Sometime life takes an arduous path.  When life gets so tough, the little spark of hope, that God will save or I know He will come one day, or He will save me from this someday is all that you need.  Jesus is watching over you every step of the day. He knew your hearts desire and hope. Bible says in Proverbs 23:18(Amplified Version) “For surely there is a latter end [a future and a reward], and your hope and expectation shall not be cut off”
My dear young friend, today you may be going through a tough path in your life. You may have little hope in your heart that Jesus will enter into your life and save you. Do not worry, my dear friend. Surely your hope will not be cut off. You may live a sinful life right now. But don’t get dejected. Jesus will save you from the clutches of sin and make you a blessing for His glory. Keep trusting in Jesus and you will be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment