QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, March 1, 2012

CAST YOUR BURDEN ON JESUS

My dear young friend,
   Today you might be filled with sorrow and pain in your heart. You are struggling because you don’t know the way to come out of your sorrow. You might hate your life for all the pain it brings. Don’t be discouraged my dear young friend.
Jesus says in Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
Do not hold onto your sorrows and pain. Cast all your burdens on Jesus and He will care for you. He will take away all your sorrows and burden. He will fill your life with His peace which brings rest and happiness.
A Professor began his class by holding up a glass with some water in it. He held it up for all to see & asked the students “How much do you think this glass weighs?”
'50g!' .... '100g!' ..... '125g' ..the students answered. “I really don't know unless I weigh it,” said the professor, “but, my question is: What would happen if I held it up like this for a few minutes?” 'Nothing' …..the students said. 'Ok what would happen if I held it up like this for an hour?' the professor asked. 'Your arm would begin to ache' said one of the student.
“You're right, now what would happen if I held it for a day?”
“Your arm could go numb, you might have severe muscle stress & paralysis & have to go to hospital for sure!” … ventured another student & all the students laughed …
“Very good, But during all this, did the weight of the glass change?” asked the professor.
‘No’…. Was the answer. “Then what caused the arm ache & the muscle stress?”
The students were puzzled. “What should I do now to come out of pain?” asked professor again.
‘Put the glass down!’ said one of the students. “Exactly!” said the professor.

Life's problems are something like this. Hold it for a few minutes in your head & they seem OK.
Think of them for a long time & they begin to ache. Hold it even longer & they begin to paralyze you. You will not be able to do anything. But if you put away all your sorrows in the presence of Jesus, He will not let you go weary.
Bible says in Psalms 55:22 “Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you…”
My dear young friend, cast all your burden and sorrow upon Jesus. He will sustain you. Surely Jesus will carry you in His hands. You will not be put to shame. Jesus Christ will surely fill you with joy and happiness. Your days of grief will come to an end. He will fill your life with everlasting joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment