QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

GOD ALONE IS ENOUGH FOR YOU AND HE WILL NEVER FORSAKE YOU



“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable.” – Isaiah 40:28

Recently one of my colleague met with a minor accident and because of that another person was badly hurt. I heard about that news and went to meet him in his house as he was so close to me. When I went and saw him he was so tired and I understood that the accident took place near to my home. 

Though the accident took place near to my home he had never called me but called another friend of mine who is so far away. As he was explaining to me about all the process that had happened after the accident, he was telling me how that another friend has helped him immensely by talking to so many higher officials in our workplace and through them to the authorities in police. 

I knew that another friend of mine for nearly 10 years. He always moves so closely to people and on the other hand I was a shy guy. I began to think about how I would have helped him if I was called after the accident. I might have went and taken him to the hospital and then to his home. That’s all I would have done. Because I knew none so closely to request for help. 

Then I got a question that what kind of life I am living? I begun to think that it is enough to live with God alone as hope or else I should get close to people around me so that when tough times come they will come for my rescue?

I had no doubt on God’s power, grace and His ability but that thought somehow came into my mind. I was searching for answers but then later after few hours God spoke to me bringing into my mind the incident that had happened when my mom got cancer. 

Once my mom got breast cancer few years ago we decided to admit her in a hospital far away from our home. We knew no one there and we went there having God alone in our life with so much of hope and prayers. Graciously God led us to a person who could help us in getting admission in that hospital and all other procedures in that hospital. After surgery we were told that our mom has to stay near the hospital and come for regular therapies and also she has to eat only homemade food. 

We found that the hotels were so costly and we had no relatives to help us but again God directed us to a missionary home where they gladly accepted us. In their history they had never allowed anyone except missionaries but yet God spoke to their heart and did a miracle. There they had provided us with utensils and all other items required to cook food so that my mom can eat the food that was made in home itself. 

After making me to remember another incident in which God has graciously helped me, He asked me a question, do you think in any way I had forsake you as you had kept your trust upon me alone? 

Once He asked me that question, I felt so ashamed about the way I had thought. With tears in my heart I thought about the goodness that God has done in our lives and mine personally. 

My dear young friends, it’s better to put your trust on God alone at all circumstances. You might be going through any kind of tough situations, do not lose hope. Put your hope on God. He will never forsake you. Jesus Christ is enough for you. His grace is sufficient for you. God bless you richly.

No comments:

Post a Comment