QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, November 9, 2015

RELATION & RELATIONSHIPS -15 (GIVE PREFERENCE TO OTHERS DESIRE)



“Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another” – Romans 12:10

Yesterday I went along with my elder brother to share God’s word in a remote village. The pastor of that church used to provide lunch for the believers as most of them come from a remote place in the mountain. Most of them are tribal people and they used to walk for more than 10kms to attend the church service. 

In the previous week itself the pastor has made the announcement that we are coming there to preach. By God’s grace we could able to go there and preach His word. Once the preaching was over, I was standing outside the church and looking at the people who are eating and was touched by two things. 

First thing was the food was kept in a big vessel and everyone was so patient and following an orderly way to get the food. I was so surprised by their behaviour. I have seen in certain places where people will crowd themselves near the food vessel and fight for the food. The people whom I saw yesterday gave preference to one another and did everything with so much affection.
At last, my brother was praying inside for the people who came there and as I was standing outside I saw someone bringing food in a separate vessel. With that vessel he went inside the church and so I understood that it was brought for us. I looked at the food and it was the same food that was provided to the believers. 

As we sat to eat, the pastor introduced three young girls and said, “As they knew that you are coming they went and brought special rice for you and cooked it for you specially.”

They were so young and their deed touched my heart. They heard that two people are coming there to preach. They don’t know who we are but yet with so much of love and care they thought that we might find difficult to eat their rice which they usually cook for themselves and so they took time and had spend money to buy rice for us and cooked it by themselves. 

I was really touched by their love. Though they didn’t know who we are they loved and cared for our desire. That made us to love them with all our heart. 

My dear young friends, caring for others desire is important for a better relationship. Your loved ones might not convey their desire all the time to you by their words but yet you should understand their need and preference and you should try hard to do your best for them. That will bring joy and peace to your relationship. They will in turn love you and you will have a blessed relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment