QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

YOU ARE THE APPLE OF GOD'S EYE



“For thus says the Lord of hosts: “He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye.” – Zechariah 2:8

Every night I used to sleep near my little daughter. Some times in her sleep she used to move around to the edge of the bed. Whenever I woke up from the middle of my sleep, I used to check my daughter. If I found her sleeping away from her place I lift her up and put her back in the right place. But yet once she fell from the bed when I was sleeping near to her.

Recently she got some insect bites during night time and so whenever I woke up I used to check whether any insect is near her or mosquito is biting her. But most of the times she get insect bites without my knowledge. 

I am her father and I try my best to keep my eye upon her. Since I am a human father I could not keep my eye upon her constantly during night time because I myself was sleeping without knowing what was happening around me. I know I am not a perfect father to my daughter as I could not protect her properly.

But yet one thing I know for sure there is another pair of eye which was looking at my daughter day and night. It’s the eyes of Jesus Christ. He is the one who protected her without any injury when she fell from the bed and even today she is fine in all aspects because of Him alone. 

God’s eyes are upon us. That’s true. But there is another important thing that we have to understand. Bible tells us in the above verse that we are the apple of God’s eye. Yes my dear friend, you are the apple of God’s eye. 

You might be facing difficult times in your life. People around you might try to destroy you. Today you feel like you are all alone in this path because you could not sense God’s mighty presence in your life. Do not get discouraged. 

Your enemies are not fighting against you. They are not plotting evil against you. They are doing that against the apple of God’s eye. If they touch you, God promises in the next verse that His hands will be raised against them. 

There is no need for you to worry. God will take care of everything. In your work place someone might be putting you down. In your college or friends circle someone might be making fun at you. Do not cry. 

God will remove all your enemies and all those who make fun at you and all those who plot evil things against you. You will inherit my promises with my peace says God to you today. You will inherit God’s blessing. No one can plug out God’s blessing from your life. 

If a worldly father like me keeps my eye upon my daughter and look after her, how much more our Heavenly father will take care of us. He will definitely guard us and lead us. 

My dear young friends, You are the apple of God’s eye and no harm will touch you. You will live with God’s peace. God will protect you and bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment