QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, January 15, 2016

JOY FILLED PARENTING - 7 (DO NOT GET IRRITATED UPON YOUR CHILD)



“Because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires." - James 1:20

Few days back on a particular day I returned home so tired after my work hours. I desperately wanted to sleep. My little daughter always plays for sometime in the bedroom before she sleeps. Everyday my wife sits patiently and tries her best to make her sleep. 

On that day since I was so tired I went to the bed and slept immediately. On my side my daughter was playing and as my wife was also tired she was forcing our daughter to come to her. But my daughter got annoyed and was crying. One side my wife was speaking loudly and other side my daughter was shouting. It disturbed me a lot but yet I could not open my eyes at all. 

This continued for some time and at one point of time I woke up. On that moment I didn’t get any anger but was greatly irritated by the behaviour of my daughter. I was not angry but was irritated and so I stood up with so much of irritation upon my daughter in my heart and said something to myself. 

From the day God has blessed me with my daughter I had never got such irritation but for the first time I got irritated. As I stood up from my bed and took one step, God spoke to me through Holy Spirit in a gentle tough voice. He said, “How you could feel irritated upon the blessing that I gave you through my grace?”

On that day I had not shown my irritation by means of words or action to my little daughter. I felt irritated. That’s it. I stood up and walked with irritation but Holy Spirit told me to ask God’s forgiveness because I had got irritated upon my daughter who is a greatest blessing given by God to me. Holy Spirit continued to speak saying you had got irritated upon God’s blessing which was actually longed by so many people on this world but yet some could not get that blessing. I felt so bad about my behaviour and asked God to forgive me.

My dear young friends, many out there around you is longing for a child. Some are longing for years but yet they could not get one. But God has graciously given you a child and today God wants me to tell you that you should not get irritated upon your child. Your child is a greatest blessing given by God to you and you should not get angry upon His blessing. 

Sometimes your child will disturb your sleep or work or routine. Sometimes your child will take his/her own time to learn and understand things. Sometimes your child will not behave as you expect. You have the right to correct your child if he/she goes in a wrong way but you should not show your anger or irritation upon your child unnecessarily. 

On that night my daughter took some time to sleep. Being a father can I ask her to sleep immediately when she didn’t get sleep? I can’t expect her and force her in that way but yet I got irritated because I felt she was disturbing my sleep. But God strictly told me that I was wrong. 

My dear young friends, raise your child in God’s way and in the way God expect you to raise them. Do not feel irritated at any time because the blessing you have in your hand was given by God to you. Be grateful to God for His blessing and do His will. God will pour out His grace upon you and lead you.

No comments:

Post a Comment