QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

EXPRESS YOUR LOVE AND THANKSGIVING TO THE LORD



As my little daughter is growing she loves to do what others do. Usually I take her to a ground nearby my house where young people play football. Once she saw that she imitate the way they move their feet to hit the ball and she tries that with the ball she has in our home. So in the recent past, daily I took her to the same ground and she used to run here and there and play with her ball in the ground itself. 

Yesterday I returned back late from my work and she didn’t expect me to take her out. But then I just wanted to take her to the ground because I felt she will be happy if she plays there for some time. So I took her to the ground and she was busy playing with the ball. 

All in a sudden as she was running behind the ball she stopped and asked me to come near to her. As I went near to her she gave me a kiss which touched my heart. Then she went on to play. At the same moment, Holy Spirit asked me a question. He asked, “Have you ever done this to your Heavenly Father?”

My one and half year old daughter kissed me because she loved me for what I did to make her happy. She did it with love and as a part of conveying her thanks to me. If she would have thought that it was my duty to do these things to her, she might have never kissed me. 

When Holy Spirit asked me that question, my answer was no. Many a times God has done so many miraculous and wonderful things in my life. He did that to make me happy and live in peace. But for certain things I thanked Him and for other things I had never expressed my love or thanks to Him. I had received His blessings and then I moved on without expressing anything to Him. 

Even in our lives we do the same. We fail to express our love and thanks to our Heavenly Father. We think it’s His duty to bless us and hear our prayers. Holy Spirit wants us to understand that it was not like that. God had sent His only son not because it’s His duty to save the world. He had sent His only son because He loved us so much. Even today God is pouring out His blessings upon us through His grace because He loves us so much.

Have we ever expressed our love that we have upon Him to Him? Do we remember what God has done for us and do we thank Him for that or we move on as if nothing special has happened?
Jacob was a young man who fled in fear of his life from his brother Esau. As he ran, God appeared to him in a dream and gave His promise. He was happy about it and so made a vow and he moved on. Years passed. God protected him and blessed him abundantly. When he returned back to the same place in which God appeared to Him, Bible says in Genesis 35:7, “And he built an altar there and called the place El Bethel, because there God appeared to him when he fled from the face of his brother.

Biblical scholars say that he returned back to that same place nearly after 30 years. But yet he obeyed God’s word, built an altar there, fulfilled His vow and honoured God. 

My dear young friend, God might have blessed you when you were in a desperate situation. You might have made a vow but yet you had forgotten everything as you are carried away by the blessings you received. Today God wants you to express your love and thanksgiving to Him. Fulfil your vow and surely God will bless you much more. 

Love God with all your heart. Show your love that you have upon God by obeying Him in all things. You will be blessed and today God promises that your generation will also be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment