QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, April 11, 2016

KEEP YOUR EYES ALWAYS ON THE LORD AND YOU WILL NOT BE SHAKEN



I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” – Psalm 16:8

One day when Jesus was praying on a mountainside, His disciples were on a boat which was considerable distance away from the land and was troubled by the waves. After praying Jesus went to them by walking on the sea. It was a night time and so they were terrified when they saw Jesus walking on the sea as they could not understand that it was Jesus who was walking to them.

Immediately Jesus spoke to them asking them not to be afraid but then Peter asked Jesus to command him to walk upon the water. Jesus permitted him to come and Peter walked on the water as his eyes were kept on Jesus. But suddenly he turned his eyes to the situation that was prevailing around and then immediately he fell and begins to sink. As Jesus was by his side, He stretched out His hand, caught him and saved his life.

Psalmist beautifully records his own lifestyle in Psalm 16:8. In that verse he describes two important things. He says that he has kept his eyes on the Lord. He has done that not for a day or week or a month. He says that he has kept his eyes on the Lord always. Every moment, every day and every second he had kept his eyes on the Lord. 

And then he says that he had kept God at his right hand. Not only he had kept his eyes on the Lord but he had kept God at his right hand and so he acknowledges that he will not be shaken at any situation. 

My dear young friends, where is your eyes? Have you had kept your eyes upon the situation that prevails around you or have you had kept your eyes upon God? 

Where is God in your life? Have you had kept God away from your life or Have you had kept God by your side?

Few days back when I was coming out of my house to go to my work place my daughter came to me. As I sat down to wear my shoes she stood upon me and placed her hands upon my neck. I said to her that I am leaving and will meet her in the evening. I want her to get down so that I could come out but she was not leaving me and was holding to me tightly. 

My grandmother who is sitting behind told so many things to distract her and to make her come out of my lap. She spoke about so many things which actually were liked by my daughter but yet my daughter had never turned back. Not even once she turned her eyes from me towards my grandmother. All she had wanted at that instant is to be with her father and she did her best to keep her father with her on that day. 

Most of the times when I get out of my house in the morning she would be sleeping but yet when she was awake she does the same thing which actually makes me feel proud and happy. 

Even in our lives, we should keep our eyes upon our Heavenly Father and we should hold to Him tightly. We should never let Him go out of our lives. Situations around us might turn worse and we might be surrounded by so many lustful temptations and trials but yet we should learn to keep our eyes upon the Lord and we should never turn our eyes away from Him. 

If you do so, you will never be shaken. Your Heavenly Father will feel proud about you and His heart will fill with joy and He will bless you richly. 

Keep your eyes upon God and stay away from distractions. You will not be shaken and you will be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Just the word my Father wanted me to hear.I have been meditating on Hill song's song "Where feet may fail" and it reminded me of the place God desires us to be.In his presence fixing our eyes on Him the perfecter and finisher of our salvation.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete