QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, August 19, 2016

LOOKING BACK (WITH THANKS) - 11 (GOD'S LOVE AND GRACE UPON MY LIFE THAT MADE ME TO WRITE A SONG 'NEER PODHUM')



“For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” – Hebrews 8:12

Many years before when I was studying a diploma course, I love to hear movie songs. The college in which I was studying was nearly 12 kms away from my home and I used to travel in bus. In the bus they used to play movie songs and I love that travel a lot. All the songs which will be played in the bus were the latest songs.

So daily I used to memorize the lyrics of any one song and later on that day I sing that along with my friend in the college. We used to memorize so many lyrics and sing together. 

My parents never allowed us to hear movie songs and also to see any secular movies. They taught us about the Biblical values and tried their best to raise me in that. Though I loved God a lot, I was eager to hear movie songs and sing that in my heart. 

Years passed and when I joined an engineering college to study degree, I started to write love poems. I wrote 3 volumes of love poems in a short note book.  I was called as a poet among my batchmates but all that I wrote was worldly poems. 

After few years I got closer to God and one day I felt that I should destroy the poems I wrote. I obeyed the voice of God and I destroyed the notebooks in which I wrote poems. Also I stopped memorizing movie songs. 

I confessed my sins to God and moved on in my life. I never knew that God will use me for His purpose. But as I stayed closer to God, He made me to write nice spiritual poems based on the way He led me personally and I posted it online.

Recently one day when I was driving my car, God made me to sing a new song for Him. Then after few days He made me to remember the lyrics and write it down. Even at that time I never knew that it will be made as a song. One day God spoke to me about a person who is a worship leader and asked me to get his help to make those lyrics as a song. 

God’s grace led us beautifully in the process of that song making and through His abundant grace we could release that audio song (Neer Pothum) this week online.

Few days before, I was eating dinner with my family at a hotel. When I was sitting there I heard the music that was playing and it was the very old songs which I used to sing along with my friend. 

At that time, Holy Spirit made me to understand God’s love. I was a sinner who memorized worldly songs and my life was never a blessing to anyone. But then God loved me so much and He transformed my life. He had never remembered my sins. He removed my guilt and made me to write a song for Him and few told me that God comforted them through that song. How could God love a sinner and unrighteous like me and gave His grace to write songs for Him? When I think of His love upon me, joyful tears flows from my eyes. 

What a loving God we have! Bible says, “God is love.” Even today He loves you a lot. He will never remember your old sins. God wants to give you new life and a new beginning. Just tell about your life’s situations to Him. Jesus will listen to your prayer and will bless you. Not only that, He will also bless others through you. You will shine for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment