QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

DO YOU HAVE THE BURDEN?

There was a guy who went with his church people for a trip to Kolkata. One fine evening, all the adults went out leaving all their kids under the care of that particular guy since he was the older one of the lot. Suddenly a girl named Hannah who was in 2nd standard was found missing. He searched everywhere for her and found her catching the bars of the gate and with eyes filled with tears. It was the festival time for people in Kolkata and there was a procession of statues of Kali and people were dancing in front of the statues. The particular guy thought she was missing her parents and crying. So he consoled her saying that her parents will come soon and she had no need to worry. But she didn’t stop crying. He asked the reason for her crying. She pointed her little hand towards the people who are walking in the procession and said “Anna, who will go and tell about Jesus to them”.
My dear young people, do you have the burden for the lost souls? If not you, then who will go and share the Gospel of Christ among the idol worshipers? Be filled with the burden of God and proclaim the Gospel of Christ to the people whom you meet in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment