QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, August 22, 2011

SURELY I WILL COME BACK, MY CHILD

Once there was a father, who loved sailing. He lived with his son, Jeremy in a small cottage close to the sea. One day he decides to go sailing and he asks his son, “Son, would you like to accompany me this time?” Jeremy was so excited that his father was taking him sailing and he agreed to go with him.
The next day they set out to sail across the sea. Jeremy had always wanted to go with his father sailing, and he was enjoying every moment of his time with his father. Suddenly, a storm hits, and his father loses control of the boat. Jeremy started helping his father to keep the boat upright, but all in vain. The boat was filled with water and it started to sink, the storm was too strong, the boat got destroyed. Jeremy and his father got hold of a wood piece each and they began floating in the sea. The father looked up to see the nearest coast which was a little far off. He turned to Jeremy and said, “Son, hold on tight, I will swim to the nearest coast and get help. Till then, please do not leave the piece of wood. Surely I will not leave you alone and I will come back to you.” The father swam a little away from his son, to the coast, he turned back and shouted,“Son, Surely I will come back to you.” Jeremy looked at his father and waved his hands. The father a little more to the coast and again he turned and shouted, “Son!! Do not be scared I will surely come back to you”
The father finally reached the coast and informed the coastguards about what happened. They said that the sun is down now, and that they would start the search early in the morning.
Early, next day, the coastguards and the father set sail to find Jeremy.
And there was Jeremy still holding on to the piece of wood. The coast guards helped him into the boat, and asked him, “How did you know that help would come, son?” He turns to the coast guards and says, “My Father assured me he would return, and I believed in him”.
In John 14:18, “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you” says the Lord. My dear young friends, even today you may go through the path of loneliness. You may feel as if you are all alone in this world. You may be filled with agony and pain. Today God says to you, My dear child, I will not leave you comfortless and I will come to you. God is there for you, my friend. He will come to you and bless you. Do not be discouraged, for God loves you a lot. Surely God will come to you and bless you. Keep your trust in Jesus for He will not fail you nor forsake you.
If little Jeremy had that much faith in his father, then why not we in the Father above??

No comments:

Post a Comment