QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, April 13, 2012

EVEN AS YOU STAY FAR AWAY FROM HIM, JESUS REMEMBERS YOU


In a remote village there lived a widow woman with her only daughter. Being financially very poor, she struggled to raise her daughter and somehow enabled her to study well. When her daughter grew into a beautiful young woman, she told her mom, “Mom, I know that you have suffered for me and struggled to bring me up. It is enough. Now I will go to work in another city and will earn lots of money and will take care of you”. Having said this, she went to a foreign city leaving behind her mom.
After some days, she got a job. She began to send money every month to her mom without fail. But as days went by she got involved in all kinds of unwanted activities and she began to go behind worldly pleasures and soon she forgot her mother. She started to enjoy a luxurious life. As fate would have it, after few years, she lost all her beauty, wealth and friends. She became lonely without anyone to help her. When all her wealth and beauty disappeared, so did everyone around her. She went into so much depression. At that stage, she felt terribly bad about herself and she began to remember the love of her mother. She remembered the days in which her mother took care of her in spite of all the pain. She felt very guilty about the way she forgot the love of her mother and decided to return to her. She hoped that her mom’s love would have never changed she will forgive her for all her mistakes.
But when she returned home, she was shocked to find that her house was covered with dry leaves and garbage and there was darkness all around the house. She suddenly had a doubt whether her mom was alive or not. When she was about to open the door, she heard her mom calling her by name. She then saw her lying in the corner of room surrounded by darkness. She ran towards her mom with tears and her mom hugged her with great love and acceptance. She wondered how her mom called her by name in that deep darkness. When she asked her mom about that, she replied: “My dearest daughter, from your childhood I know your footsteps. Even though you went far away from me, my heart did not forget you nor your footsteps. That’s why as you walked on the dry leaves I heard your footsteps and identified that it was you, my beloved daughter.
Our God’s love is much greater than the love of this worldly mother. If a mother could remember the footsteps of her daughter even after many days and years, won’t God remember you, my dear child? God’s love is so big and great that He gave His life for you. Jesus says in John 15:13 “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends”.
You can never find a love similar to that of God’s love anywhere. God will not forget you, forsake you nor will He hate you. My dear Child, come to Jesus Christ who gave His life for you. Return back to Him. Jesus Christ who gave His life for you on the cross still loves you so much and He waits for you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment