QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

DO NOT CARRY BITTERNESS IN YOUR HEART FOR YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT MANNER OF SPIRIT YOU ARE OF

“But He turned and rebuked them and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of.” – Luke 9:55

Once Jesus set His face to go to Jerusalem and sent His messengers ahead of Him. They went to a Samaritan village to make arrangements for Him. But the people of that village were not willing to receive Jesus in that village. Why actually they reject Jesus? The answer was clearly given in the Bible in Luke 9:53, “But they did not receive Him because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem.”

Two of the Jesus disciples saw this and asked Him to permit them to command fire to come down from Heaven to consume the entire villagers. They were so angry because of the rejection they faced. So they told like that. Hearing their words Jesus rebuked them and said to them that they do not know what manner of spirit they are of.

There were times in our lives we face rejection in certain places or with certain people. At that time we get angry and from the depth of our heart we wish to curse them for what they did in our lives. You might be going through a path like this. Today God is speaking to you.

Few months back I went to a clinic with my wife to check whether she was pregnant or not. My wife colleagues told her about that clinic and so we went there. We have no idea whether she was pregnant or not but she had few signs of pregnancy. So we thought that the doctors will do some test regarding that. My wife was looking forward to the pregnancy test very eagerly. The doctor asked her something and immediately without taking any test she told that my wife was not pregnant. As she told that in a harsh tone my wife felt so bad. She also rejected my wife’s plea to take a test and confirm it. Seeing her harsh behavior my wife started to cry badly.

I do not know what to do but on that night I strongly thought to curse that clinic. I want to pray to God asking Him not to bless that clinic. I was filled with bitterness and anger. As I thought of praying against that clinic, Jesus Christ spoke to me in a loving voice saying, “My dear son, don’t you know what kind of Spirit you have in you. I have given you My Holy Spirit to make you a blessing to others and not to curse any one. They have rejected you because it is not my will for you to go there for a check up.”

My heart was filled with a great peace when I heard God’s reply and then only the Bible passage that was given above came to my mind.

It is true that the doctor spoke in a harsh way but the actual truth is it was not God’s will for us to go there.

Even the Samaritan villagers rejected Jesus not because they didn't like Jesus but because Jesus had set His face to go to Jerusalem.

My dear young friends, someone whom you loved closely might have rejected you or some of your friends whom you have trusted might have rejected you or some people might not have accepted you in their life. Do not lose heart and do not get discouraged.

Throw away the bitterness that you carry in your heart. Jesus Christ has filled you with His Holy Spirit not to carry any bitterness against any one and not to curse any one. God has filled you with His Holy Spirit to bless others and to be a blessing to others.

It is not God’s will for you to be with the person whom you love or to be in the place which you like. Because of that you face rejection from them at times. Go to God’s feet when someone rejects you. When you go to Jesus Christ He will reveal you the reason and He will show you the way. Do not feel bad and do not carry bitterness upon those who reject you. Pray for them. God will bless you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment