QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, May 8, 2014

GOD'S PERFECT GIFT - 6 (MR. PRADEEP - MY LOVING BROTHER WHO IS ONE OF MY INSPIRATION)



“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” – Proverbs 17:17

I really had a wonderful upbringing. I always loved to grow up with two elder brothers and my parents raised us with love and care. My eldest brother was nearly 6 years older than me. When I was a little kid we always had so many fights. My parents never allowed us to watch any secular movies in our home. But my brothers used to watch movies when my parents were not there. 

When my parents return home I was the first one running to them to complain about my brother’s wrong doings. They hated me for that. I have done so many things to test their patience but as we grew, we had a special bond and we begun to love each other. 

But yet there were some fights occasionally. Being a person of good height my eldest brother hand will be lengthier than mine. So before I get near to him he will slap me very easily. The wonderful part is, after he fights with me he used to take me to a shop to get me something which I liked. 

My eldest brother will get angry very quickly but he will not stay angry for a long time. Once his anger got reduced he will take us somewhere to eat. Being a kid I liked that a lot. 

When I finished my secondary schooling, I badly wanted to study higher secondary but my brother told my parents to put me in a diploma college. They gave ears to his words and finally I landed in a diploma college. Though I never showed my anger to him at that time, I had bitterness upon him for nearly a year until God told me that it was His will that I have to pursue diploma. Through my brother, God led me to His will beautifully. 

When I did my diploma he used to take me patiently to a spiritual youth fellowship which is conducted once in a month. In that fellowship I learned so many things. God spoke to me so many times in that meetings and also I learn't how to behave with people and developed an interest to do something for God. I owe him a lot for taking me to those meetings with so much of patience. 

When I was at my teen age, I was so amazed to see his Biblical knowledge. If you say some verse my brother will say where it is. He reads Bible with so much of love and interest. I always had a wish to remember Bible like he did but I could not do that till this day.

There were times we go out to hotels for dinner. After eating he will give tips to the person who served us but at times when he comes out he gives tips to the person who take plates or he gives some money to the watchman who stand outside that hotel. Once when I asked him about this he told me that to server many will give but to these people not many will give money and so he is giving to them. 

Also there were times when we walk in road, poor people will come and beg for money. He won’t give money to them but he will ask whether they want to eat something and then he will go to any nearby hotel and purchase some food for them and will give it to them. He does many things helping poor and needy people but he never shares about them with anyone. 

His helping tendency had a great impact in my life and even today he was my inspiration in helping people. I learnt so many good things from my eldest brother. He motivated and guided me in so many ways. 

As far as I know every year on mother’s day he gets a chocolate to our mom and wishes her on that day which myself and my elder brother never did. The way he wishes people on special occasions will be unique always and I learnt from him to surprise others by giving something which they liked on special days. 

From my childhood, there were many things I learnt from him. Though I never told him openly, he influenced me in so many ways to be a good person. I won’t say that he is perfect in everything. He has his own ups and downs but he is really a good guy whom I can trust. 

I love and respect him a lot. I believe that brother is a gift given by God. I thank Jesus Christ for giving me such a wonderful eldest brother and sustaining our relationship through His grace to this day. Even on this day, I pray that God shall grant all the desires of his heart. God bless my brother and his family. 

Dear brother, it was nice growing up with someone like you – someone to trust on and share openly all the feelings and frustrations. You are really a gift given by God to me and I treasure your relationship a lot. When I count my blessings, I count you also. God be with you and bless you richly in the days to come. You shall be a blessing to many. Love you lots, bro. 

“As we grew up, my brothers acted like they didn’t care, but I always knew they looked out for me and were there!” - Catherine Pulsifer

No comments:

Post a Comment