QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

LOOKING BACK (WITH THANKS) - 1 (JESUS CHRIST WHO CARRIED ME FOR THE PAST THIRTY YEARS WILL CARRY YOU)



“... You saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place." - Deuteronomy 1:31

Thirty years have passed since my birth. Today as I look back into my thirty years of life, I see God’s Golden Hands of Grace sustaining me to this day. With so much of gratefulness in my heart I thank Jesus Christ for His abundant grace and love. 

My mother always tells me that God’s grace is overflowing in my life more than everyone in our family. She is right. I live today because of God’s grace. 

I never had any big dreams about my life. As I grew older every year, my desire kept changing. Initially I wanted to become a driver then conductor, auto driver and so on. Whenever I see some people doing something different I thought I will do it. So many silly dreams I had. When I think about those dreams today, I laugh at myself. 

When I stood and cried in front of the exam hall where I was supposed to write my Secondary school final maths exam, I thought I will never pass it. But Jesus Christ gave me full marks in that exam.

When I failed in the first year diploma Maths exam, many told me that I will not get my diploma and even I believed the same. Jesus Christ saw my tears and gave me pass marks and He also gave me first class diploma.

Once I finished diploma and joined in a degree course, I felt like as if I am standing before a huge mountain which I cannot climb. I thought I will never get my degree but Jesus Christ gave me first class Bachelors degree and also Masters Degree. 

How come a guy who had no knowledge can get a first class Masters degree? To men it’s impossible. But to God it’s possible.

While pursuing diploma, I worked for 8 hours daily in a fast food shop and earned Rs. 30, many said that my life’s status will never improve. Then when I worked in a grocery shop people told me that my life was gone. Today by the Grace of Jesus Christ I work in a reputed job in a big organization and earn more than Rs. 50,000 per month. 

When I suffered with so many physical problems, I was frustrated to have so many problems at the young age. Though I blamed God several times, He was so patient answering all my prayers. Soon Jesus Christ healed me completely.

On a particular year, I went to hospital so many times and took so many medicines. One evening I cried to Jesus Christ pleading for His help. He saw my tears and gave me His grace in such a way after that day I never took medicine for more than 3 years. Whenever I cried to Jesus Christ, He saw my tears and helped me.

There were times I desired to commit sin and ran for it. As a result guilt filled my heart and mind. I struggled and thought that there is no way out. Jesus Christ washed me with His blood and He forgave my sins. 

Though I had a great desire to do something for God, I have not prayed for that many times. But yet Jesus Christ saw my inner desires and He is using me for His glory to this day. 

Jesus Christ gave me loving parents and brothers who still loves me a lot more than anyone. He gave me good friend with whom I can share anything without much thought. When I was about to get married, Jesus Christ spoke to me asking me to wait for His will. I was not in a position to wait at all. I have my own expectations and I wanted desperately to go for it. But He made me wait for two years and gave me a wonderful wife according to His will. I never imagined that I will get a life partner like that. Through her God blessed my marriage life with peace and happiness. 

There were so many things Jesus Christ has done in my life so far. Many times I went to His presence asking me to kill me and take my life. Those were the times I was so frustrated upon my behaviour. But Jesus Christ was so patient and He taught me so many good things. He loved me and He still loves me. 

In these past thirty years I have not done anything for the Lord but He has done so many things for me. Today I have a peaceful life only because of the Grace of Jesus Christ. For the past thirty years, He carried me, protected me and sustained me. And I know that His Golden Hands of Grace will continue to carry me in the days to come. 

At this juncture, I thank God wholeheartedly for pouring out His blessing upon an unworthy like me for the past thirty years. Also I thank Him for His abundant grace which is leading and guiding me. To God be the Glory.

My dear young friends, get encouraged. I live today because of the grace of Jesus Christ. The same Golden Hands of Grace that carried an unworthy, useless and betrayer like me thus far will also carry you, protect you and sustain you. God bless you.

As we move on, I will write in this ‘Looking Back’ article about so many miraculous things that God has done in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment