QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, July 11, 2014

DO NOT DOUBT GOD'S POWER



“...O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” – Matthew 14:31

Recently I was asked to preach in a church. I asked God what I should speak and Holy Spirit gave me a promise verse to speak in that church. I sat in God’s presence to write some important points from that verse. But yet I could not put myself into the process of preparing a sermon. I found the verse so tough to speak and I could not able to prepare a sermon at all.

So I asked God to give another verse but again God insisted me to speak on the same verse before. I prayed and wrote the sermon. Throughout that day I was thinking about the sermon and I could not love it as it was. 

On the day of preaching, I told Jesus Christ that I dislike this sermon and so asked Him that at least 3 people should come to me after the sermon and tell that the message was good and it is for them. 

With lot of fear and doubt I stood before the congregation and preached God’s word through the help of Holy Spirit. I felt God’s presence strongly upon me and once I came down from the pulpit, 5 people came to me and told that the message was superb. 

I was so happy to hear those words and as I was returning from the church in the car, I thanked God for what He has done on that day. As I started praising God, Jesus Christ spoke to me through Holy Spirit saying, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt Me?”

When He asked me that question, I felt so sad to know that I had hurt God’s heart on that day. 

There were times in our lives, we doubt God’s mighty power and His promise. God tells us in Isaiah 55:11, “So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."

Whatever God had promised you, will be fulfilled in your life. Do not hurt God’s heart by doubting His promise or His leading. When He leads you in some way which you can’t understand, just trust Him. He will do things for your good and He will do only good things in your life. 

My dear young friend, put your faith upon Jesus Christ and trust Him always. He will lead you beside quiet waters and to green pastures. You will not lack anything. Jesus Christ loves you. He will give you all that you need and will bless you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment