QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

LOOKING BACK (WITH THANKS) - 2 (JESUS CHRIST WILL PROTECT YOUR FAMILY)



“Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.” – Psalm 127:1

Many years ago when I was a small boy, my parents took me to a crowded city for shopping. At those times mobile phones were not in practice. We had a landline phone in our home and remembering the phone number is so difficult for us. At that time my dad was working as an accountant in a private firm and he was suffering from a skin disease. My mother didn’t study much and she was a housewife. 

We heard that the cost of the dresses in the particular city which we went was much lesser than the cost of the dresses in the city where we lived. The city that we went was the capital of that state and it was too crowded. We went and did shopping throughout the day. We were carrying huge bags in our hands and we took a bus to travel from one area to another before travelling back to our city.

The bus was also too crowded. I along with my father was standing at the back side of the bus and my mother was standing at the front side. My mother never knows any people in that city and also she doesn’t know the way to reach back to the city we lived. 

We travelled for nearly half an hour and suddenly someone told that the bus had reached the stop in which we have to get down. We never knew that the bus will not stop in that particular place. Bus stopped in a signal and so I and my father got down from the bus and went to the front to call my mother.

Unfortunately the bus started before my mother could get down. I and my father thought that the bus will stop few metres away from the signal but the bus didn’t stopped there. The speed of the bus was increasing and then we understood that the bus will not stop at that place at all. 

I and my father were filled with fear and we do not know what to do. My father could not run because he was suffering from a skin disease which caused him so much of difficulty to walk itself. 

Suddenly I felt in my heart to run and so I asked my father to stand in one place with all the bags and I started running behind the bus. I was far away from the bus but yet I could see the way it goes. 

It was a busy road but all that was in my mind to run and somehow find my mother. As I ran across the road, few buses applied sudden brakes and scolded me for they thought I was doing a stupid thing. I never minded about their words and continued running. 

Finally I could see that the bus stopped somewhere and then started again. I ran so fast to that place hoping my mother would somehow get down from the bus at that place. By God’s grace my mother stood there with tears not knowing what to do.

I caught hold of my mother’s hand and brought her back to the place where my father was standing. When we reached back I could see my father was crying and praying. Then we returned back happily to our home. 

Even this day my grandmother used to tell about this incident to my brothers and says that I ran because I loved my mom a lot. 

I could not imagine how we could have lived and what we could have done if we would have lost our mother on that day in that crowded city. As I look back I thank God for protecting our family on that day. Because of the protecting hands of Jesus Christ we live happily as a family even today. I whole heartedly thank God for the miracle He had done in our lives on that day. 

Jesus Christ saw the tears of my parents and helped us. Even today He sees your tears. He will protect your family and all that belongs to you. So don’t worry. God is with you to protect you and lead you safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment