QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, March 16, 2015

RELATION & RELATIONSHIPS - 10 (CONVEY YOUR THANKS TO YOUR LOVED ONES FOR THEIR ROLE IN YOUR LIFE)



“But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks." - Ephesians 5:3,4

Years ago I joined an engineering university to do Post Graduate degree in engineering. In my class there were 19 students out of which only 7 were boys. Most of the students of my class were from other state and only few knew English. There was a particular girl in my class who was so calm and never mingle with anyone. 

At one particular semester we had a lab which was little bit tough because of the programming language. Everyone feared about the lab. Finally the exam day came and I got the output little bit earlier than the scheduled end. As I was about to come out, I saw that girl struggling to get the output. Her face was so sad and I could see fear in her face. She asked me to help her if I can. 

I went near to her and helped her to get the output. She was so happy and said thanks again and again. I came out the lab and soon I forgot that incident. Within few days after that incident, I met her in our college library. She came running to me and gave me a big chocolate which was so costly. I didn’t expect that at all but she told me that she bought it for me just to say thanks for the help I did in the exam. 

Our friendship began on that day because of her good character. She remembered to thank me for the small help that I did. That made a great change in our relationship. Though I lost her contact after my studies, I still remember the way she thanked me. 

Thanksgiving is an important character a saint should have. We should thank God for what He has done in our life. We should thank God for everything. At the same time we should thank our loved ones for the way they help us in everything. Someone might do a simple help to you. But remember to thank them so that they will feel special.

An American preacher once said, “Pride slays thanksgiving, but a humble mind is the soil out of which thanks naturally grow.”

You should be humble enough to thank other for the contribution that they make in your life. When you say thanks, your loved ones will feel good and your relationship will be filled with great joy. Be grateful to God for what your loved ones do in your life and also convey your thanks to them in a special way. God’s peace will be showered in your relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment