QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Sunday, March 22, 2015

SWEET MARRIAGE - 6 (DO NOT TRY TO DO ANYTHING INDEPENDENTLY)



So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.” – Genesis 3:6

Eve listened to the serpent’s word and then she saw that the tree was good for food and ate the fruit. Though Adam was in the garden, Eve took all the decision independently. She spoke to the serpent, listened to its voice and then went to the tree, took its fruit and ate. In all this process she never consulted Adam. She did everything independently which affected both Eve and Adam.
If at all she would have taken a decision to consult God and Adam before eating the fruit of the tree which God has told to eat, then their life would have been at peace. But as she did all things without talking to God and Adam, she faced trouble in her relationship with God and Adam.

Even in our life, at times we take decisions independently without the involvement of our spouse and then we get into problem. God wants us to take all the decisions in His presence along with our spouse. 

In the month of January, I spoke with a servant of God whom I knew for several years. On that day he spoke to me about a missionary who is working for God in a remote place without much support. He told me that he is sending a monthly offering to him which he collects from his close friends. As he was speaking about the life of that missionary, I felt I also support him with a small amount. 

I immediately told the servant of God that from the next month I will send a small amount to him and asked him to send that to the missionary along with the money he usually sends to him. 

I had never discussed about this to my wife. Without the knowledge of my wife I had sent that money to him. My wife always wishes to help others in need and she never stood against in sending offering for God’s purpose. I know for sure that she will agree and so I never spoke to her about this. 

But then when I had send that money for the second time without her knowledge, Holy Spirit spoke to me and said that what I am doing was not correct. He told me that supporting a missionary or God’s ministry was not wrong but I should have taken that decision by sitting in God’s presence along with my wife. Also He taught me that I should involve my wife also in decision making so that there will be peace in the marriage relationship. 

Later I passed the information to my wife and she agreed to what I decided but yet I understood that I should have asked her once before I did that. 

My dear young friends, if you are married, do not take any important decision independently. Involve your spouse in decision making. Also take all the decisions in the presence of God so that His presence will lead you safe and God’s mighty hands will protect your marriage life. God’s peace will overflow in your marriage relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment