QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

JESUS CHRIST WILL SATISFY YOUR SOUL WITH GOODNESS



"For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness." - Psalms 107:9

You might be expecting a particular blessing in your life and you might be praying so hard to receive that but nothing has happened so far. Your heart was filled with expectations as you are longing for God to bless you. You have cried a lot to Him but still you are waiting to see the goodness. Do not get discouraged. 

Jesus Christ will grant goodness to you and He will satisfy your soul. Whatever you asked to Him, will be given to you says Holy Spirit. You will be blessed. 

In John 11 we read about a man called Lazarus. He was sick and his sisters passed on the information to Jesus expecting Him to come and heal their brother. But Jesus stayed two more days in the place where he was. By that time Lazarus died and kept in a tomb. 

When Jesus came to that particular city, He found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days. The sisters were expecting God to do something when their brother was alive but then Jesus didn’t show up. When He came, everything seems to be over but yet Jesus Christ did a miracle and raised Lazarus from the dead. Jesus Christ filled their life with His goodness and mercy.

Recently I was talking to a girl. Once in a week I used to see her in my workplace and most of the times she will be energetic and happy. But few days back when I saw her she was in a shocking state. So I called her and enquired what happened to her.

She told me that she was celebrating her birthday on that day. As she was praying to God she felt irritated about the climate. Actually the climate was so hot for about a month in the place where we stay. As she felt irritated she wept to God asking Him to change the climate within the end of the day and told God that it will be the birthday gift He should be giving her for this birthday. 

She prayed and then she didn’t give much thought about it. But on that day evening to her surprise the climate begun to change and after few hours it rained. It was a great surprise to so many people because for a month it was so hot without rain. But then God heard her prayer and changed the climate. When it rained she was so shocked to see that God loved her so much that He heard her prayer and gave her the birthday gift which she longed for.

My dear young friends, you might be longing for goodness. Jesus Christ will surely bless you. He will satisfy your soul with goodness and your expectation shall not be cut off. Jesus Christ will do this swiftly in its time. Continue to trust God. He will do mighty things in your life. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment