QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, February 15, 2016

SWEET MARRIAGE - 12 (UNDERSTAND AND HONOR YOUR SPOUSE)



Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife...” – 1 Peter 3:7

My father in law usually leads worship in a church and he also plays music in keyboard. Few years back when I got married and came to know this, I always wanted to learn music from him. Years passed but I could not learn from him as he stays in another city.

Few months back he came to the city where I was staying and so one day he had spent some time in teaching me the basics of keyboard. He was teaching me the basic notes and I could not understand that much. Even after spending nearly an hour on learning I could not play it in an exact way. 

As I was struggling my wife came inside that room and she said that she will play. I thought she is making fun. But then she came near to me and with one hand she beautifully played the notes. I was surprised. In our 4 years of marriage life, I had no knowledge about the talents she had. She had never showcased her talents to me and I had never tried to know about her hidden talents. 

Not only in music but in so many other ways she is far better than me. I struggle to memorize Bible verse whereas she recites any Bible verse with so much ease. By God’s grace I had preached in various places but I always struggle to remember the verse. My wife had never preached in any place but yet she could remember so many Bible verses. 

My wife was so spiritual than me in all aspects but yet she had never failed to appreciate the articles I write and the messages I share. She could understand me very well than the way I understood her and she had honoured me which I had failed to do. 

In recent days God taught me how I should appreciate my wife for the talents she had and He also put in my heart that I should try to understand her more.

I always felt happy when my wife appreciated me. I know she will be happy if I also understand her and appreciate her for the little things she does for me. That will increase the love between us which will be good for our marriage life. 

My dear young friends, God wants us to dwell with our spouse with understanding and we should honor and love each other. 

You might feel like your spouse is not so talented. That actually means you had not understood your spouse completely. Spend some quality time to understand your spouse and appreciate the little things your spouse does. God has given your spouse to you for a purpose and you have to honor your spouse for what they do in your life and for being with you at all times. Then your marriage life will be blessed and you will live in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment