QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

SWEET MARRIAGE - 14 (DO NOT LEAVE YOUR SPOUSE AND DO NOT RUN AWAY FROM YOUR MARRIAGE RELATIONSHIP)



How much better to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.” – Proverbs 16:16

One of my uncle, when he was young, he got into bad habits and got addicted to it. Soon he got married. His wife (my aunt) was one of the best women I had ever met. My uncle used to beat my aunt a lot but yet she had never raised her voice against him. She just endured all the hardships with so much patience. Later they got two sons but my uncle used to humiliate her at all times. Often I feel so pity for her situation. Her parents knew what she was going through and so they hated my uncle a lot.

Few months before my uncle got terribly ill. When they went to a doctor, they came to know that his liver was damaged because of excessive liquor usage. His condition grew worse and so the doctors told that the only way for him to survive is to undergo liver transplant. 

They tried to get a donor for him but could not find one. At last the doctors found that my aunt’s liver was the perfect match for my uncle. So they told her that her husband will live if she donates part of her liver.

As soon as this information reached my aunt’s parents, they came to her so furiously and said, “It’s better that he dies so that you can live peacefully in this world. So do not say yes to the operation.” 

As I said before my uncle has great love for his wife but yet he had never shown her that. He always love to be the dominant decision maker in everything. It’s true that he had not treated my aunt well. 

But then when all her relations advised her not to donate her liver to her husband, she prayed and said yes to the operation. Everyone around her was so angry at her but she went through the painful process of operation with so much patience and calm for her husband who was not that much loving to her. By God’s grace both of them were alive now and they are living together in peace. 

What if my aunt heeded to the counsel of her parents and said no to the operation? If she had said no, then by this time my uncle would not be alive. But yet she showed love and compassion to her husband though he is not worthy of it. Now both of them were together and she was happy that her husband is alive. She never ran away when her husband was in distress. That's the important thing we have to understand. She stayed with him and faced the situation along with him and also helped him.

You can very easily love your spouse who is so loving to you and who is so good at everything. But today I just want to place a question before you. Can you love your spouse with her/his weakness though you feel right now that he/she is unworthy of your love?

God wants you to love your spouse at any cost. Bible says in Matthew 19:6, “So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

It was God who has united you and He wants you to stay together at all situations. If your spouse has any weakness, do pray for them sincerely. God will answer your prayers. But do not decide to go in separate ways. It is not God’s will or purpose in your life that you have to go away from your spouse. God wants you to raise a generation for His glory. So love your spouse and stay united.

No comments:

Post a Comment