QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, July 18, 2016

YOU MIGHT BE DESPISED, WEAK AND A FOOLISH ONE. REJOICE. GOD HAS CHOSEN YOU



“But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty.” 1 Corinthians 1:27

Yesterday I was called to preach in a small village church. God gave me a promise to speak to that people and so I happily went to share God’s word. There I met the elder of the church and the pastor.

The pastor conducted the worship and then he asked the elder to read out a chapter from Psalms and also asked him to share a thought from that. The elder started to read a particular chapter and as I watched him, I noticed that he made so many mistakes while reading. 

He struggled a lot to read that chapter and I was thinking like what he is doing. Once he finished reading, he started to share a thought from that particular chapter. As he begun to share God’s word from that passage, a lady who was sitting in the front begun to weep. Whatever he shared was a short abstract of the message that God has asked me to share with them and I could feel the power of God’s Spirit flowing through him in such a way that it touched the heart of that woman and she begun to cry. I could understand that God spoke to her through him. 

When I was returning back, I was thinking how God can use such a man who can’t even read a verse properly. The answer I got was: It’s impossible with men but it’s possible with God. 

God can use a nobody to bring glory to His name. He doesn’t need a qualified or a well studious person to share His word or to do His work. Bible says that God has chosen the foolish and weak things of the world to put to shame the wise and the mighty.

God chooses the despised ones to bring glory to His name. The disciples of Jesus Christ were not qualified people but yet God called them and He made them qualified and did mighty things through them. 

My dear young friends, you might be despised by many. You might feel like you are a foolish man or foolish woman. You might feel like you are weak. Do not get discouraged. God has chosen you and He will do mighty things through you. Just surrender yourself to God and yield to His will. He will take you in His hands and will glorify His name through you. Many people and nations will receive God’s blessing through you.

“...Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts.” – Zechariah 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment