QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, March 4, 2017

RELATION & RELATIONSHIPS - 18 (DO NOT SPEAK UNNECESSARY WORDS THAT HURT AND MOCK OTHERS)

Recently one of my colleague got engaged. Actually she was the only one lady colleague of mine who was not married yet. At some instances we worked together in a group and so whenever we cross by in our work place, we used to make fun of each other. She is a jovial girl and so we could able to crack jokes at each other without any hurt. Once I heard that she got engaged, I was so happy for her as I know that she was praying for marriage a lot. One day when we were at the end of the day, I met her at the exit and I asked her for a treat. Immediately the other colleague near to me named a big hotel and asked for a treat in that hotel. At that moment I thought of cracking a joke conveying that she will be a cross to her husband but because of hurry I told my other colleague why you are asking her a treat when someone (her husband) life is getting destroyed. She knew that I am pulling her legs and she wanted to reply something but as there were some crowd, she smiled and went.

As I waved her goodbye and turned back, I felt so much of sadness in my Spirit. Then Holy Spirit told me that I should not have used that word ‘destroy’ as it would hurt someone especially when they are going to start a new life. I felt so bad about it and immediately asked her sorry about what I said. She accepted my apology and by God’s grace nothing happened in our relationship.

Again yesterday I was returning home with my dad and mother in our car. As I was talking to my mother, I was telling her about the cost of pampers that I buy for my little daughter. We were talking about that for few minutes and suddenly my dad who is 65 years old asked what we mean by pampers. I respect my dad a lot but at that moment I began to laugh and funnily said it’s a toy.  The moment those words came out of my mouth I knew I made a terrible mistake.

Holy Spirit rebuked me for what I spoke as He reminded me saying that my dad taught me a lot from my childhood to this age and how could I make fun of him in such a way. I knew I should not have done that but at the moment of hurry those words came out of my mouth which actually made God sad. Then I told my dad what is pampers patiently. My dad was not hurt but I should have avoided those humiliating words.

Many a times in our life, we speak certain words out of hurry without thinking much which might hurt other people and that’s lead to the break in relationship. When we speak to others even if they are our loved ones, we should not take them granted. We should not mock at other person and also we should not humiliate others by our words.

Bible says in Proverbs 10:19, In the multitude of words sin is not lacking, But he who restrains his lips is wise."


My dear young friends, guard your lips from speaking unnecessary words that hurt loved ones and break wonderful relationships. May God give His grace to you to speak wisely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment