QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, April 3, 2017

GHG SHORT DEVOTIONALS - 9 (NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GOD)

Genesis 18:12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, “After I have grown old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?”

God has given a promise to Abraham and Sarah that they will have a child. Abraham and Sarah were old and Sarah had passed the age of childbearing. She looked at the situation around her and there is no sign of fulfilment of God’s promise.

Even in your life you see darkness and closed doors everywhere. You feel terrible as there is no sign of fulfilment of God’s promise.

1.   You might say to yourself, “Will I have joy and pleasure in my life? Will God’s promise come to pass in my life as there is no sign of it?

The Lord almighty asks in verse 14, Is anything too hard for the Lord? 

God could bring out blessed generation through a woman who has crossed the age of childbearing. God could bring out the foretold Saviour through a virgin woman.  

2.   You might be longing to have a child, promotion in job, blessing in your studies, financial blessing or any other blessing. There might be no sign of it coming and there is no improvement in the efforts you are taking. But God says to you today that nothing is impossible to Him.  Today God wants you to know that nothing is impossible with Him and no word from Him will ever fail.

And Sarah said, “God has made me laugh... Genesis 21:6. 
The one who doubted whether she will have laughter in her life is testifying that God has filled her with laughter.

3.   This will happen in your life. God will fill you with laughter, joy and His peace. Whatever you are longing for will be given to you by God and you will stand and testify His great works.


#GHG Short Devotions

No comments:

Post a Comment