QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

GHG SHORT DEVOTIONALS - 24 (BE SOLD OUT COMPLETELY FOR GOD)

Genesis 22:1 ...God tested Abraham, and said to him, "Abraham!" And he said, "Here I am."

When God called Abraham, and When he said 'here I am', he had put aside his own self and went before God with complete surrender and obedience. He was ready to do anything that God is going to ask him to do. And then when God asked him to sacrifice his only son as burnt offering, he obeyed without reasoning and questioning God.

1. God has called you to do his will and you know that you are called for a purpose. Are you sold out completely for God's purpose? If you give yourself completely for His calling, He will use you mightily.

2. God wants you to bring something that is precious in your sight to His alter. It might be a relationship or someone or something, just take it to God's alter and do what He asks you to do.
Genesis 22:5 And Abraham said to his young men, "Stay here with the donkey; the lad and I will go yonder and worship, and we will come back to you."

After three days of Journey Abraham reached the place and he said to his men that he and Isaac will return back.

How could Isaac return back since he is the burnt offering?

Abraham trusted God and His promise. God has already told him that through Isaac his descendants will be called. Abraham knew that God's promise will never fail and so he went through that tough situation boldly though he was kept in that situation by God.

3. Situations might change. Your situation might force you to believe that it's all over. It's not going to be over and it's never going to be over because God has promised you that you will live. He will never forsake you and His promises will never fail.

4. Because Abraham kept his faith upon God, he had not lost his son. Just trust in God. You shall not lose anything. You will be rewarded by God.

#GHG Short Devotions

No comments:

Post a Comment