QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, September 18, 2017

GHG SHORT DEVOTIONALS - 25 (FULFILL YOUR VOWS THAT YOU HAVE MADE TO THE LORD)

Ecclesiastes 5:4 “When you make a vow to God, do not delay to pay it; For He has no pleasure in fools. Pay what you have vowed.”

In Judges 11, we read about a man Jephthah. When he went to fight against the people of Ammon, he made a vow to the Lord saying whatever comes first out of the doors of his house when he returns back will be given as burnt offering.

God gave him victory over the army of Ammon. As he returned back to his house, his only daughter came first with joy to meet him. Jephthah's heart broke as he remembered the vow he made to the Lord. But then he says,

Judges 11:35  "...For I have given my word to the Lord, and I cannot go back on it."

1. Though he got a great victory on that day, Jephthah had never forgotten the vow he made to the Lord when he was in distress before.

2. Then when he went through a situation in which he has to offer his only daughter as burnt offering he never ran away or backslides from his vow. He fulfilled the vow he made to the Lord though it had cost a lot to him.

Today Holy Spirit wants me to remind you to fulfill the vows that you have made before in the presence of the Lord.

Whatever you have vowed in God's presence, be it a small one or big one, He has taken that so seriously. So remember your vows that you made to God and fulfill it immediately. It might cost your joy or pleasure. But just fulfill it so that you will be blessed.

Ecclesiastes 5:5  “Better not to vow than to vow and not pay.”


#GHG Short Devotions

No comments:

Post a Comment