QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, January 22, 2018

GHG SHORT DEVOTIONALS - 42 (GOD IS SO CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR LIFE)



“…What ails you...” – Genesis 21:17

The angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and asked her, “What ails you?"

1. God knows your situation.

God asked this question to Hagar not because He doesn’t know about her problem but because He wants her to know that He is so concerned about her and her child’s life.

Your life is like a wilderness. You are facing discouragement and depression. You are lost. Today God is asking you, My Child, what ails you?

Even today your heart might be filled with so much of fear and pain. Do not worry about anything for God is so much concerned about the hardships that you are facing and the pain you are going through. He is concerned about everything related to your life. He knows your struggles and sorrows. He wants you to know that He will never forsake you.

2. Arise

“Arise, lift up the lad and hold him with your hand, for I will make him a great nation." - Genesis 21:18

God wants Hagar to arise and move on as He had decided to fulfil His promises that He had spoken to her.

You are not called to sit, worry and shed tears for unnecessary things and die. You are called to do greater things. As God is going to fulfil His promises in your life from now on, He says to you, “My beloved child, Arise and move on for I am going to do great things in your life which you had never thought and dreamt of.”

3. Your life will be filled with God’s blessings.

Then God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water…” – Genesis 21:19

The situations that you are facing today in your life that brings pain and sorrow into your heart is not going to last longer says God to you.
God has heard your cry and afflictions. He will open a way where there seems to be no way. You are not going to die. You will see God’s glory and you will live. God will remove all your pain and make you see greater things.

“For thus says the Lord: ‘You shall not see wind, nor shall you see rain; yet that valley shall be filled with water..." - II Kings 3:17

#GHG Short Devotions 

No comments:

Post a Comment