QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, March 26, 2018

GHG SHORT DEVOTIONALS - 51 (YOU WILL RECOVER ALL THAT YOU HAD LOST)



“And when he had brought him down, there they were, spread out over all the land, eating and drinking and dancing, because of all the great spoil which they had taken from the land of the Philistines and from the land of Judah.” – 1 Samuel 30:16

Today someone who is responsible for your sorrow and pain or your enemies might be dancing and rejoicing but you might be in deep pain weeping knowing not what to do. Today Holy Spirit wants me to tell you that God will change your life situations for good and you will surely overtake them and recover all that you had lost.

1.     Strengthen yourself in the Lord.
“Now David was greatly distressed…But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God.” – 1 Samuel 30:6

Someone had done something that is unfair in your life which had brought you into a distressed situation. People around you who are your loved ones is blaming you about your failure. No one understands your sorrow as everyone had turned their face away from you. Do not get discouraged. Strengthen yourself in the Lord your God who had carried you thus far. God is in your side says Holy Spirit to you.

2.     Seek God’s counsel.
So David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?...” – 1 Samuel 30:8

Though his own family members and all his blessings had taken as captive by Amalekites, David sought the counsel of the Lord. He went behind the enemies only after getting the approval of the Lord. So he was victorious and could recover all that he had lost. 

God has promised in Psalm 32:8, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;I will guide you with My eye.”

He will instruct you and guide you. You will be victorious.

3.     God listens and will attend to the voice of your prayer.
“Butcertainly God has heard me;He has attended to the voice of my prayer.” – Psalms 66:19

“…And He answered him…” – 1 Samuel 30:8

When David asked God for His counsel, He immediately answered him. 

“For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him.” – 1 Samuel 1:27

Hannah was broken and she asked God for a child. The Lord Almighty listened to her prayer and answered her. 

Today Holy Spirit wants you to remember that the God to whom you pray is a prayer answering God. Even in this moment of distress God says to you that He will not leave you as orphans and He will come to you.

God has not left David alone. He gave him His grace and strength to struck down the enemies and to recover all that he had lost. He will not leave you too. He will stand by your side and strengthen you. You will recover all that you had lost. God will restore your joy and peace. You will be victorious.

#GHG Short Devotions


No comments:

Post a Comment