QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, April 20, 2018

GETTING A JOB AT GERMANY AND MARRIAGE – TESTIMONY OF MR. GEORGE ESLI (PART FOUR) – FINAL

In Germany there is no concept of placements during our course i.e. companies will not come to you to hire you rather you would have to send in job applications to all your desired company.  Since I already was doing my master thesis in Procter and Gamble, they could potentially hire me if they felt that I was a good match to the company.  By GODs amazing grace I was highly recommended for a job after I completed my project.  But unfortunately, the company went on a hiring freeze status which is standard procedure when companies are in cost cutting mode. So even though my colleagues wanted to hire me they couldn’t.

I felt a little pressure, I had already learnt enough about GOD and His work in my life that I remained confident that GOD is going to make a way for me soon enough. Since I was not a student anymore I wasn’t getting the student subsidized hostel and without income in my hands I was staying over at friends’ places and the little saving, I had to spend it to get food supplies. I felt like a Nomad that time as I didn’t have my own place to stay, no income and just a little money that I could use for each day to buy food.

In the meantime, I was continuously applying for jobs at different company but it looked like I had to wait for some time. As days passed by I was tired with the constant moving from one place to another. It was difficult cause every time I moved, I had to pack all my belongings and leave, I also had to be tight on my spending as I didn’t know how long I would be searching for job. But I always felt the hand of GOD supporting me. It was another learning experience for me. 

After nearly 3 months I received a call from my Supervisor at Procter and Gamble that they found a job for me. He mentioned the company was still in hiring freeze but he could convince the authorities to open a job position. I had never felt so happy in my life, it was the first time that I had a proper full-time job and most importantly I could stop living my nomadic life.  I just praised GOD that He is such a loving Father and never gives up on His children. 

I had successfully started work, I had nice set of colleagues, had a wonderful place to stay near the river, financial freedom and again a Christ centered and focused church with the opportunity to serve in the Lords ministry.  A wonderful ambience by GODs amazing grace. I was busy at work and travelling with friends during weekend. It was such a blessed life, yet unexplainable I was feeling lonely at times. I had pretty much everything I wanted but sometimes even if I am surrounded by people and very good friends I felt a little depressed. I didn’t have any reason for it.

I soon realized that it was time I needed a partner for life. I’ve been praying for many years that GOD should be the one choosing my partner and I needed the perfect will of GOD, when it comes to choosing my wife. I believed this was the most important decision in anybody’s life after deciding to follow Jesus. I spoke to my parents about it, but before I could proceed on in this chapter of my life. I wanted to do something for my parents. They were still living in a rented flat and my desire was to, GOD wills, buy them a house. So, I spoke to my parents about both my desires and we all prayed about it.

As life went on I slowly began to understand about my relationship with GOD. I started to feel a fatherly connection to Him. The love of GOD is available to all of us, but we truly are empowered only when we realize this amazing love. This sense of son hood was a big strength for me. Knowing He sent His one and only son, Jesus, to die so we can continue to have this relationship, the meaning for me was so deep. When I let the desires of my heart known to GOD it was exactly a son asking a favor to his father and GOD did fulfill my desires.Satan will fight to steal GODs blessings and peace from us. Sure enough, there were a lot of barriers which had to be overcome.

I was applying a NRI housing loan from Germany in India which made things complicated. In the end, by GODs amazing grace and awesome mercy, I could buy a house for my parents. I did learn one more thing though, the name of Jesus is above all names. So many times, have I studied and sang praises about the name of Jesus, but it took many tricky situations for me to really understand the name of Jesus is all powerful. Every time there was a delay or a barrier, every time I felt that the devil was playing his part, I prayed and commanded in the name of Jesus. We as children of GOD have the authority to confess and command situations in the name of Jesus. When I prayed in faith in the name of Jesus I could see that the situations were changing, doors were opening. I really would encourage everybody to explore and try the name of Jesus, the name above all names.

Shortly after my parents moved into the new house, they started looking for a bride. I had no doubt that GOD will send for the right person, and I was very confident and felt safe to leave this decision to GOD the father. I met somebody whom I thought could be my wife, we were actually exchanging emails for nearly 2 months, like the old-fashioned way. I was praying every day and was very cautious that I shouldn’t speed things up and everything should happen in GODs own time. It was really difficult, but by GODs amazing grace I was able to overcome all the temptations.  After nearly 3 months of exchanging emails sometime very long ones, I felt its time to talk to her over the phone. Instantly we found that our grandparents were very good friends and from the same village and our mothers grew up together.  I just felt GODs working in such wonderful ways, soon enough the marriage preparations had started.

By GODs amazing grace and for his glory we had a great wedding with nearly 2500 people.  Also during the wedding GOD showed signs and wonders. One such situation was during the reception, after the wedding. The event was organized in an open ground. And it was raining heavily, but exactly until the event was overthere was no rain and as soon as the event was completed the rain started to pour again, another example that GOD is in control of everything.

I am really thankful to GOD for blessing me with such a wonderful wife, who is not just my partner but my friend, my confidante and my biggest supporter and inspiration, she is in every way more than I could ever ask or dream about. Whenever we let GOD choose for us, He is going to give us the very best.

My wife and I wanted to start our family life. But I was nervous, for some reason I felt I was not ready. I had fear in my heart. After knowing so much about GOD and His ways, there was once again another situation where I sort of took him out of the equation again. This time GOD spoke to me through my wife, kindly and caringly. As a Father He totally understands us, all we need to do is go to Him, I promise He is always waiting for us with open arms no matter where we are and what our situation is.

By GODs grace my wife conceived the following month, it was really difficult for us as we were in Germany away from our family.  We had to learn so many things on our own but GOD was continuously supporting us. And when it was time for the little guy to come out we were at the hospital. It was just my wife and I in the hospital and after 12 hours of waiting and struggling, Levi came out hale and healthy, praise GOD.By GODs grace she had a healthy pregnancy.

Our parents were with us for the first 3 months but after that we had to raise Levi without additional help. Many a times we were totally lost and a lot of times it was very stressful. We had to learn to put him to sleep and teach him to feed.  But we have such a loving GOD who is always looking at us. He yearns for a fellowship with us. So that’s what we did, that’s what I will encourage all to do.

The Bible tells in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Even when life seems out of control, you can be sure of this one thing that God has a plan and a purpose for you.It’s a good feeling when GOD shows up just in time,but the best feeling is when you realize He has never left you. The Bible says we are to grow in our faith. We do this through praying to God, reading the Bible, and obeying the Holy Spirit’s prompting in our lives.Remember, now that you belong to Jesus, nothing can separate you from Him. No matter what happens, you have God’s promise of eternal life and His peace and protection for your life now.
So my dear brothers and sisters in Christ, don’t dig up in doubt what you planted in faith.Even if all you have left is a tiny whisper, simply keep praying. For there is nothing our God cannot do.
#GHG Testimonies

No comments:

Post a Comment