QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

GOD CAN CHANGE YOU (Taken from Gaither collections “Love can change the world”)


It seemed to be his lot. He was one of those unfortunate people that seemed to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was born wrong: declining Roman Empire, broken home, a conquered Jewish nation, poverty-stricken slums. He lived wrong. Others went to school, he played hooky. Others played ball, he stole apples. Others learned trade, he learned to cheat, just a common thief. He started wrong, lived wrong, and looked as he finished wrong. The wrong place, the wrong time: the Roman cross, a painful death, a final shame, when from the middle cross came words of redeeming love. “You shall be with me in Paradise”. In all the stream of history, one and only one of the numberless sons of Adam could have said those words and He hung beside him. What tremendous fortune! What wondrous providence! In one instant, his life, given to evil, thoroughly misused, doomed to die, was changed and ended in crowning glory. It was the one sentence without which there is no success. It was the one sentence that redeems all failure; it was said to him at life’s final flickering moment. The one most important issue of all was gloriously solved. At long last, he was in the right place at the right time.

My dear young people, God can do the same to you today. His one word can change your life to glory. In one moment, His gracious hands can lift you high, from the place where you are now. Seek Jesus. Whoever you are, He will change your life. He is ready to use you. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment