QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, November 17, 2012

GHG - 9 (GOD CHASTENS YOU FOR HE LOVES YOU)


“My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor detest His correction; for whom the Lord loves He corrects, Just as a Father the son in whom he delights.” – Proverbs 3:11,12

From my childhood days the only thing I hate very much in my life is going to school. I never liked to sit in a school for the entire day. So always I used to tell so many lies to my parents to skip school. I will say like I have stomach pain one day and the other day I will say I have headache and so on. I learned to act very well which my parents started to believe that I was suffering from different pains.

One fine day when I was studying 4th standard I woke up and decided to skip school that day for some reasons. So I started acting as if I am having stomach pain. I continued acting and I thought my parents believed it. The school which I studied was very near to my home. I continued acting till the assembly bell rang and then I stopped acting. Surprisingly my mom found that I was acting and then she immediately dressed me up and she asked my dad to drop me in the school after getting late permission from my teacher.

My father did that and I went to my class that day. But yet I didn’t like sitting there. So again I started my acting there. By the way I acted my teacher got too worried that she don’t know what to do. Finally after some time she had send me to the Head Master for asking permission to go home. I went happily to the Head Master and told him that I have stomach pain. He heard me patiently and then asked me to go to class and lay down there to take rest.

I didn’t expect that he will tell like that. I thought he will send me home. But he decided in the other way. As I walked back very sadly to my class, my teacher asked me about the decision of the Head Master. I simply said a lie to her that Head Master asked me to go home. She was surprised and she asked me to leave to home. I quickly took my bag and then walked towards the entrance of my school.

I am a short little kid at that time. As I walked fast, soon I found myself standing in front of a giant person. As I am a little boy I just raised my head to see who blocked me. To my horror, it was my Head Master. He looked at me so angrily. He asked me that who gave permission to leave the school. I don’t know what to do. I should have accepted my mistake that time. But yet again I decided to tell a lie. So I told my Head Master that the teacher only asked me to leave.

He just caught hold of me in one hand and dragged me back to the class. Without asking the teacher what had happened he begun to scold her badly. Finally after some time she explained to him what happened and they soon understood that I was the culprit. They called my father and told him what all I did that day. My father stood there putting his head down. He was so ashamed of my behavior.

On that evening for the very first time in my life my father scolded me and had beat me a lot. For the first time I am seeing my loving father beating me so angrily. Later with so much love he had explained to me why he had scolded me. That day I understood that I should not lie at all to anyone in my life. If not my father would have chastened me that day, now I might not have become a good person at all. I know he loves me so much but yet I know he corrected me because the wrong was in my side.

My dear young friends, even at times when we do wrong, Jesus Christ correct us by chastening. We should learn not to despise His chastening. He corrects us because He loves us. When He chasten us, we have to spend some more time in His presence to find out what wrong is there in our lives which He hates. Ask His grace to overcome the mistake you did and surely He will give His grace to you. Do not decide to leave God when He chasten you and also do not hate yourself when He chastens you. He does that to correct you for He loves you a lot.

God has a purpose in your life. He will surely fulfil all His promises in your life. Be with God and walk according to His will so that He will bless you abundantly.

I had a teacher who will enter the class room with a cigarette in his hand. He also forces students to buy it for him. I prayed to God that I should escape from that particular teacher. Did Jesus Christ help me to get escape from that teacher?

                                                             .................To be continued in GHG - 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment