QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, August 25, 2014

GOD HAS CHOSEN YOU - TESTIMONY BY MS.VAISHNAVI



PRAISE THE LORD!!!...  Greetings to you in the name of our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!!!
 
Just a short introduction about me: 
I am from a pure Hindu background. I am the only daughter for my parents. I did my schooling at Trichy, India. Though I did my schooling in a Convent I never knew about the unconditional and unending love of JESUS that HE demonstrated on the cross for my sake. No one had ever told me about JESUS, but now I understood that my LORD has an appointed time for everything. 

The question I had within me from childhood: 
Actually I had one particular question from my childhood which was, "will GOD speak?"...since in our family we have lots of debts, there used to arise so much argument between my dad and my mom....sometimes my dad would also go to that extent of beating my mom...so being small and being the only child I did not know what to do but I would go in front of the idols and cry before those idols (which were not GOD but only wood and stones) that my mom and dad should not fight with each other...but I had never got an answer from it..and I would sleep crying only...from that time I had this firm question within me always" if GOD is not there to speak to me, if GOD is not there to understand my feelings and GOD is not there to solve my problems then what is GOD?" GLORY TO GOD who made me get this question in my heart and who also gave me the answer for it.

The right place where GOD had decided to reveal HIMSELF to me:
After lots of failure in 5 to 6 entrance tests, I applied for a college through counseling with my comparatively less cut off marks. But due to very bad condition of ladies hostel of that college I did not join that college and I had no option to change the college. Then as one of my schoolmate had applied in a college in Chennai during counseling, I also went to that college. But then they told us to pay a capitation fee of 1 lakh rupees, which we had no idea of how to get it. But my aunt came forward to give that amount and so I joined that college.

In my first year, my friend named Kausi(spiritual friend now) invited me to prayer cell that would happen very Wednesday in our college hostel. She had invited us(a group of six Hindu girls) to the prayer cell and first time we went accepting her invitation thinking that they will tell some bible stories and then pray. After that day, because of some misunderstanding between us we decided not to attend the prayer cell.

The first unforgettable day of my life ever:
Then at the end of my first year, two of my classmates had come to stay in hostel for a few days to study for the semester exams with me. They had been allotted a separate room in the third floor along with a senior sister who was doing MBA. One particular day the prayer cell was conducted in that room and that MBA akka was also a believer (previously Hindu). I did not know about the prayer cell and also about that sister. So without any other go my two friends and myself, went to the prayer cell. After a bible message was shared, we started praying (then too, I and my friends never prayed anything in our hearts). During the prayer, suddenly through that MBA akka JESUS spoke to me saying, "Vaishnavi, you have full of negative feelings. do not be afraid, for I am with you. When I am there with you, you can do anything and everything" and immediately. Then through that same akka, JESUS spoke to my friends also talking about the particular problems that they were facing.

After the prayer cell got over, I realized that, "though I and that MBA sister did not know about each other, then how loving should this JESUS be that HE pointed out the negative feeling within me and said that HE will be with me and that I can do anything when HE is with me.."

The negative feeling within me:
We have a lot of debts in our family. My father had done about 10 to twelve businesses and all have been a failure only with much loss of the investments. So for each business he did, he had borrowed so much money from many people.

Since we had borrowed money both from my mother's relatives and my father's friends none of them will welcome us whole heartedly. Whenever we go to a function among my dad's friends they would not move with us freely. Even in my mother's side, everyone knows that we are struggling a lot in our financial condition. So my mom and dad used to tell me from my childhood that, "only through you and your studies and the way you are going to come up in life, people will respect us.” Even when I got 91.7% in my tenth class my mother was disappointed because she expected me to get state ranks or at least district ranks.

So in my first year of my engineering when told my mother that I had failed in a subject for the first time in my model exam over phone, she said, "Vaishnavi if u get any arrears then you will not see me anymore.” She meant to say that she will end her life if I get an arrear. My thoughts multiply very fast and when she said that statement immediately I thought that I will not be there to tell her that I have an arrear. I meant that I will commit suicide even before I would have to tell her that I have an arrear. so to that extent was my negative feeling. Because of my negative feeling mostly I will feel sad from within me with tears thinking that I have never fulfilled my parent’s wishes ever and also thinking that I am not fit for this engineering. I was not a studious student and so fear of failure along with my parent’s dreams and hope that they had on me troubled me a lot.

JESUS spoke to me that i have so much negative feelings within me and only after HE spoke to me all these things came over my mind as a flash and I realized how much negative I actually was. Thanks to JESUS!

The day I got revelation from GOD that only JESUS is GOD and that there is none other than HIM:
From that day onward I used to keep the bible verse also and that good for nothing idol also on my shelf. None of us in our prayer cell knew how to pray; only the Christians used to pray. Then they taught us that prayer is talking to our HEAVENLY FATHER just as we talk to our father in this world. So we used to speak to GOD only in two three words that we knew. But all of us believed that there is nothing impossible with JESUS and each of us experienced HIS love in different ways. We would just keep on worshiping HIM for about half an hour and praise HIM with all our heart. Nothing else we knew. Sometimes the prayer timing may extend also, because all of us will have so many testimonies to share in the same day. Such was the peace and happiness we had whenever we attend the prayer cell.

During exam days we used to get up early morning, worship and pray together and then we used to study whatever we can sincerely and submit the rest to GOD. That time I used to read 1000 praises to GOD very fast in the morning. After the exam was over immediately I would rush to the room without talking to anyone to thank GOD with all my heart for enabling me to write the exam well. Then when we have the prayer cell that evening, everyone will be with various testimonies as how GOD guided to prepare and write the exams well. Those moments were so good.

Finally by GOD's mere grace I got 76.5% in that semester. In the place where I expected more arrears GOD gave me this much marks. I could not believe it! All glory belongs to GOD alone!

Then in the second year, through one aunty who turned to be a full time minister for GOD from a Hindu background, challenged us to stop worshipping the idols and to believe in Jesus Christ alone loving Him with all our heart, soul and mind.

God touched me through her speech and on that day I finally chucked out all the idol and its related things from my shelf  and also from my life and surrendered my life and myself totally to JESUS and accepted HIM as the LORD and SAVIOR of my life!!!...How gifted we are to be HIS children and to be HIS' alone! From that day I was very clear that only JESUS is GOD and there is no other GOD other than JESUS!.

Jesus Christ poured out His grace upon my life and through His grace I scored more than 75% in my UG engineering degree. Soon after I finished my studies He gave me a job in a reputed software company. Jesus Christ provided me whatever I needed and blessed me abundantly. He had carried me thus far and I know He will carry me till the end. I thank and praise my Lord Jesus Christ for His salvation and blessings. JESUS LOVES YOU!!!!

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” – Psalm 23:4


(NOTE: GHG Team thank Ms. Vaishnavi for sharing her testimony. She is currently working in a software service company. May God bless her and her family members.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment