QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, August 8, 2014

GOD'S PERFECT GIFT - 8 (MR. RAVI SHANKAR - GOD GIVEN YOUNGER BROTHER WHO IS A COMFORT TO ME)



“Let brotherly love continue.” – Hebrews 13:1

Once I finished my PG degree, God blessed me with a job immediately. Few months after I joined, every morning I saw a guy coming along with his friends. Whenever I saw him, Holy Spirit asked me to talk to that guy alone. He doesn’t belong to my department and so I hesitated a lot to talk to him. Days went by. 

Finally I saw that guy alone in a prayer centre and then I decided to talk to him. At that time he was worried about a particular thing in his life and Holy Spirit told me to speak certain things about that to him. I spoke to him for a few minutes and from that day our relationship had begun.
First when we met, God spoke to him through me and so I thought Jesus Christ is bringing him into my life to strengthen and comfort him. I thought I will be a blessing to him. But then as days went by I understood that God brought him into my life to bless me and comfort me. Such a blessing he was to me. 

Mr. Ravi Shankar

We stayed together in the same hostel for a year. At that time while I was working, he was studying UG degree. His family members were non Christians but yet he accepted Jesus Christ as his saviour. Even on those days when he was very new to prayer, I saw him weeping and praying even at 4 o clock in the early morning. Such was his zeal and love upon God.

I have heard him sharing so many new revelations from God’s word which God had spoke to him very personally. But yet when someone shares even something ordinary he will listen to that with much patience and humbleness. He never showed his Spiritual goodness outside to anyone with pride. Even today after so many years when he speaks to me, he used to say nothing good about him. That was his humble character. 

There were times I used to get sick and during those times he cared a lot for me as a brother. He took me to hospital several times and stayed with me throughout the days of sickness without even thinking about his studies. There was a time I went into severe sickness and was admitted in ICU. On that particular night I did everything to come out of that ICU because I could not stay there at all. On that night he was the one who took me to the hospital and stayed with me. Seeing my rough attitude, doctors scolded him and on the other side I scolded him very badly but yet he stood by my side and did his best as God saved my life on that night.   

Even after several years of that incident, I used to think about my behaviour on that day and wonder how he could shed tears for me with so much of love and affection. His love upon me was so deep and even today the respect and love he shows was quite amazing. 

Till this day he never pointed out any of my mistakes and spoke to me harshly. Several times his smile brought so much of God’s peace into my life. I loved the moments that we had spent together on those days. Whenever he needed me I never stood by his side but he was there at all times when I needed him desperately. 

Currently he is working in a software firm and doing God’s ministry whenever he find time. Constantly I ask him to write articles for the blog but yet he keeps so many things hidden within his heart. 

Nowadays we speak once in a month. But even if we didn’t speak regularly, I had remembered the good things he had done to me and I thanked God so many times for He gave him as a younger brother to me. 

At this juncture, I thank God for giving Ravi as a younger brother to me. God spoke to me many times through him and comforted me. Ravi was a great comfort to me and he is one of the God’s perfect gifts in my life. God did so many wonderful things to me through him. I thank God for that also. 

I hope and pray that God will continue to shower His grace upon our relationship so that our brotherly love continues for years to come. 

Ravi bro, you are one of the God’s perfect gift in my life and I thank you for all the love and affection you had shown to me. God will bless you abundantly in the days to come and will use you for His glory.  

My dear young friends, God will send his people to you when you need somebody at your side and will comfort you. God will never leave you orphan. Jesus Christ will give you all that you need. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment