QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, August 14, 2014

LOOKING BACK (WITH THANKS) - 3 (DURING YOUR TIMES OF TROUBLE, JESUS CHRIST WILL BE YOUR SUPPORT)



When I said, ‘My foot is slipping,’ your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.” – Psalms 94:18

Few years back, I was asked by a God given family to come to their home to pray for them. They love me a lot and so I agreed to visit their home on a particular day. I planned to start from my workplace in two wheeler and after reaching the town which was nearly 30 kms away, I thought of going in a bus to their city. 

It was drizzling when I started from my place of stay at early in the morning around 5 o clock. As soon as I started heavy rain poured out and I could not drive my bike at all. In the previous weeks I had breathing problem and it again started once I started to drench in rain. 

As I have to catch the bus on time I could not stop anywhere and so I drove my bike through the heavy rain on the lonely road without wearing anything to cover my head. The road was dark and I could not see anyone on the road. It was raining throughout the night and so pathways were filled with water. 

As I kept on driving, rain became much heavier and heavier and at one point of time I could not breathe at all. I wanted desperately to stop driving and to get into a shelter but yet I could not find a shelter in that road. 

At one moment of time, I thought I will not survive and wanted someone to come and help me. At last I found a bus stop with a shelter and so I stopped my bike near to that and ran fast to get in. But unfortunately there was a pit which was covered with water and I just slipped into that. The pit was nearly 4 feet deep but by God’s grace I came out of that and took some rest in the shelter.
But yet my breathing problem was not solved and I was desperately trying to breathe normally but could not do that. I thought if someone comes in the car on that way I could stop them and go with them leaving the bike in the same place. Soon I can see a headlight of a car but I hesitated to ask for help. As soon as the car passed I found it was the car of one of my colleague. I felt so bad for not asking them to stop. 

Standing there struggling to breathe and without any help, I prayed to God and begged for life. I wished that I could survive that day somehow. I was filled with terrible fear. Jesus Christ heard my prayers and He gave me His grace to overcome the breathing problem. 

After few minutes I could breathe normally and the force of rain was also got reduced. So I continued my journey and went to the place where I was called and returned back the same night.
Again it was raining badly at night and I remembered the struggle that I endured on that day early morning. So I had put my bike in a parking lot and returned to my place of stay through a bus. 

As soon as I got into the bus I felt so safe and secure. I thought all the problem had come to an end. The bus was moving fast in the lonely road through the rain and as I was about to sleep, a van came and hit the corner of the bus at a high speed. By God’s grace our driver managed to stop the bus at the correct time but the corner of the bus and also part of the van was damaged. 

If the van would have hit the bus directly, then we might have ended in a terrible accident. I waited for some time and then I got into another bus and returned back. 

Even when I look back that day I feel thrilled to remember the way in which God protected me throughout that day. 

My dear young friends, when you get into any trouble, pray to Jesus Christ. He will protect you and support you. You will not fall into any kind of trouble as Jesus Christ will continue to carry you. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment