QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, August 11, 2014

JESUS CHRIST HAS COMPASSION ON YOU AND SO HE WILL BLESS YOU



“As a father pities his children, So the Lord pities those who fear Him.” – Psalms 103:13

Recently I was asked to preach God’s word in an old age home. A village church pastor was the one who is maintaining that home also. God spoke to me what I should speak there and so with great peace and happiness I went there to preach. When I went there I found more than 20 elderly people.

Before I reached there I was thinking that I will speak to elderly people around 50 years of age. But I went there I found that most of the people there were above 65 years of age. As I saw them, I sat there without knowing what to do. Most of the people were weak but yet they sat in the chair to listen God’s word. 

It was the first time I stood before such a crowd of elderly people. As I sat there I thought I can’t preach to this people for I do not know how to speak to them at all. I felt so weak within myself but then Jesus Christ spoke to me through Holy Spirit saying, “These elderly people are My people. I love them a lot and I pity them. I have great compassion upon them.”

As soon as God finished speaking to me, a great compassion filled my heart which I had never felt before. I stood among them to preach and I told what God told me when I was sitting there. Many elderly people cried as they heard and felt God’s love upon them. 

I was really thrilled to feel the love that Jesus Christ has upon that elderly people. That’s what God says in Isaiah 46:4, “Even to your old age, I am He And even to gray hairs I will carry you...”

Those old people might not have their loved ones near to them. Their loved ones might have thrown them out of their family. But Jesus Christ is with them. He had carried them thus far and He will carry them till the end. 

My dear young people, you might feel like orphan today. Your loved ones might have despised you. You might have lost your loved ones and so you might be going through the path of tears. Let not your heart be troubled. Jesus Christ has great compassion upon you. 

Once a family lived in Bethany and Bible says that Jesus Christ loved everyone of that family. The incident was told in John 11. One day one of the family members got sick and he died. Two of his sisters wept and they called for Jesus. When Jesus came they ran to Him and cried. 

Bible says in John 11:33 and 35, "Therefore, when Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her weeping, He groaned in the spirit and was troubled... Jesus wept."

When those whom He loved cried, Jesus also cried. He didn’t stop there. He went to the tomb and through His power, He raised Lazarus from death. Joy filled that family again. 

My dear young people, Jesus Christ loves you and He has compassion on you. Because of your situation, you may be shedding tears. Holy Spirit wants me to tell you that Jesus Christ is also crying with you. He will not stop till He does a miracle and restores all that you lost. Jesus Christ will fill you with His joy.

Your loved ones might have failed to understand your agony. They might have failed to support you. Do not get discouraged. Lord who created you loves you and has compassion upon you. He will never leave you. He will bless you richly and you will live happily. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment