QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, September 4, 2014

LOOKING BACK (WITH THANKS) - 4 (BEING A SON TO A DAD)

"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is His reward." - Psalm 127:3

Being a son to my parents is a blessing given by Jesus Christ to me. They were good in all the aspects. For the past thirty years I had never found any character lacking in their life and also I had never thought that they should be like someone’s parents. To this day I was so comfortable with them.

There were some ups and downs in our lives. In the initial days of my parents’ marriage they faced some tough times. My dad was jobless for few months after my two elder brothers were born. Later my dad got a skin disease and again he faced some false accusations in his work place. Because of so many problems they had faced, my parents struggled to raise us but yet they clinged onto the hands of Jesus Christ. They never showed their frustration to us and whenever they faced a problem they just asked us to pray. 

I thank God for my loving parents and being a son to them is really a blessing. They never expected anything from me except to study well and lead a holy life. My mother used to force me to sit and study but yet many times I disobeyed her and ran out to play with neighbours. By God’s grace I finished my PG engineering degree and my parents were happy about it. 

There were times I failed to fulfil their expectations but yet they tried their level best to encourage me and support me whenever I needed their help. They prayed a lot for me and most importantly they were patient with me. They prayed and believed that Jesus Christ will use their son for His glory and indeed God answered their prayers and He is using me for His glory. 

When I got married my parents were so happy and blessed me a lot. Their advises were so precious to me for it had helped me a lot in so many situations. I always prayed to God to give them good health and long life and I am so happy that they are still with us in this world. 

Few days back Jesus Christ has blessed us with a baby girl through normal delivery. Because of His grace my wife and God given child both were safe. Throughout the pregnancy period, Jesus Christ carried my wife and the child and even today He is carrying them. I am so grateful to God for taking me to another level to be a dad to His daughter He gave us. 

I do not know how I am going to be a good dad to God’s child but yet I know He will give His grace to me to be the best dad to the child He gave us. When there are so many in this world who long to have a child, I thank Jesus Christ for blessing us by giving us a child.

When I look back at my life being a son to this day where I am a father one thing I understood is ‘not by might, not by power but by Lord’s Spirit’ everything will be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment