QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, September 22, 2014

LOOKING BACK (WITH THANKS) - 5 (YOU WILL SEE GOD'S GOODNESS)



“You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance" - Psalm 65:11

Many years back on a particular day my father called me and my two elder brothers to his bedside. At that time he was suffering from a terrible skin disease which troubled him a lot. That particular disease had spread throughout his body and blood will ooze out from his wounds.

Neither he could lie down nor could he sit. The room in which my father stays will be filled with bad smell. If we have to apply oil to his wound it could be done only with feather of a hen. Such was his condition. I was a small boy at that time.

As his disease got worse, my father felt that he will die soon. Everyone thought like that and even we also feared that our father will die. As he felt that he will die soon, he called us to his bedside. We went near to him. From my birth, my dad loved me so much more than my brothers.

He told my brothers that he wished to see the goodness of his children but yet as he is going to die soon, asked them to take care of me at any cost. He told them that I was a little boy and I do not know much about the world. So he asked them to promise him that they will make me to study well and take care of all my needs. My brothers promised my father with tears.

My mother saw that my father is losing all his hope and so she used to comfort him at all times saying God will never leave us orphans. Slowly my mother made all of us to look to God for the life of our father. Everyone in our family pleaded to God to heal my father.

Jesus Christ heard our prayers and he healed my father miraculously. Once my father thought that he will die soon and he will not see any good things that are going to happen in my life. That was his thought. But Jesus Christ intervened and changed his life.

Day before yesterday my dad travelled nearly 500kms alone at his age of 63 to see the child gifted by God to us. To see the God given daughter he travelled that much distance. He came and stayed at my wife’s place for couple of days and he returned back after blessing my child. 

Even at the age of 63 Jesus Christ is protecting my dad with good health. Once I feared that my dad will die at my young age itself. But God gave life to my father and He enabled him to see all the goodness that is happening in all his children life. Jesus Christ is leading and protecting him even at this age. 

When I gave my God given daughter into the hands of my dad, my heart moved with tears thanking God for healing my dad giving life to him and enabling him to bless the daughter He has given to us. 

As I look back and remember those tough days, I thank Jesus Christ for bringing us out from those tough paths with great joy and happiness. He is a God who crowns the year with His goodness. Indeed He filled our life with His goodness. With all of my heart, I thank Jesus Christ for the miracle He did in our life. 

My dear young friends, even today you might be going through a tough path. Do not get discouraged. Look to Jesus Christ. He will fill your life with His goodness and joy. You will be blessed abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment